Flynn - Epilogue

A year and a half later

Ellie sits in my office on a Friday night as I tie up a few loose ends; at least that's what she thinks.

In reality, I'm creating a diversion whilst Ava, her family, and the company I hired are setting up our home, turning it into the proposal she deserves and the one I've been itching to give her since she moved in.

"Flynn, I'm hungry. Can we get going yet?" She asks at the same time her stomach rumbles.

I check my watch. It's 6:55 pm. Perfect.

"Yeah, sunshine. I'm sorry this took so long; let's go home."

Ellie stands and kisses my cheek.

"So, Thai food tonight? I have the biggest craving for cashew chicken lately." She says as she bites her lip.

"Anything you want," I tell her as we exit the elevator and walk to our driver.

"Hmm, anything I want? That is a very broad statement, Mr Stone. I would reconsider if I were you." She teases.

I scoot into the seat next to her and run my hands up her thigh. She melts into my side.

"Sunshine, you can have anything you fucking want. I think we both know I'm fucking incapable of saying no to you," I tell her sincerely as I hold her hand.

Nerves start to prick at my skin the closer we get.

"Anything? so what if I said I wanted twenty-nine cats, and I wanted to keep them all in our bedroom?" God, she's fucking cute when she's testing me.

"Then I'd buy you twenty-nine toy cats and line them up in our bed."

"Hey, I asked for real cats." She huffs.

"Sunshine, you didn't specify and don't even want it anyway, so why are you arguing?"

She thinks about it for a second and then smiles.

"I think I just enjoy annoying you." She says with a laugh.

"You could never annoy me, sunshine." I take her lips in mine before we head out of the car and inside. I take a deep breath hoping like hell I don't fuck this up.

"Really? what if I sing loud and off-key and wake you up?" She asks.

"Ellie, you do that every morning in the shower; plus, I've found a good way to shut you up," I smirk.

"Shh, I don't want William to hear." She says as she turns towards our doorman. Her cheeks are red.

"I'm pretty sure William hears a lot Sunshine. Especially the noises you were making last night."

She blushes and pulls her body into my side.
"It's not my fault. You know how to touch the right places."

"Get inside before I take you against this door Ellie."
My blood starts to pump hard. If everything goes to plan, Ellie will be mine forever.

I push the door to our apartment open, and Ellie gasps.

Roses, peonies, Lilies, Hydrangeas, and every other flower Ellie loves line the entire space. Not a piece of floor to be seen. Thousands of candles glow in the darkness, and I watch the woman I love taking it all in.

She walks forward and stops turning towards me, but I'm already on my knee—ring box in hand.

"Flynn." She sobs, Her hand over her mouth as tears fall from her beautiful eyes.

"Ellie Hudson, you walked into my life when I didn't know I needed you. Every second with you has been like standing under the sun. You make me want to be the best version of myself that I can be. And we both know that's fucking hard." That earns me a choked laugh.

"Ellie, when you moved in here, all I could think about was how nothing had ever felt as fucking perfect as right then, knowing you would be in my arms every morning and every night. How nothing would ever feel right unless I was with you. So for the past year and a half, I've been planning how to ask you to be my wife. And then the more I thought, the more impatient I got because I just wanted to marry you. So I'm asking you now. Ellie. Sunshine, will you do me the honour of being mine? Forever?"

The air releases from my chest as she tackles me to the floor—peppering kisses across my jaw and lips.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes." She cries into me.

I slip the ring onto her finger, and her eyes open wider than saucers. She's so fucking beautiful.

"I'm going to be your wife." She says almost to herself.

"You're going to be my fucking wife," I whisper into her hair, just as astonished as she is.

"Ellie fucking Stone." She says with a laugh.

"That's my girl. Mrs Ellie fucking Stone." I kiss her harder than I've ever kissed her before because I know that with Ellie, anything is possible.