Chapter 21 - Flynn

A few months later - three days before Christmas

The little spoon hits the champagne glass loud enough to gather everyone's attention.

But the only one I'm staring at is wearing blue, her hair tied up in a high ponytail, and those fucking eyes of hers smokey from her makeup. The six-inch stilettos on her feet made her legs look a mile long. But that's not the sexiest part about her. The smile she's sending my way is fucking breath-taking.

It takes me a second to remember that my entire company is staring my way. I clear my throat and look out at the large hotel conference room.

"Okay, as everyone knows, I'm a man of few words. However, I wanted to thank everyone for their contribution throughout the year, which has made it extremely profitable and amazing for our clients and us."

Rounds of applause echoed through the room, but I continued.

"As many of you know, we have now finally started to expand our offices throughout the country from New York to Chicago and, lastly, for now, California. This has been in the works for a long time, but it has finally been rolled out, which means that some of our new team members are joining us tonight to commemorate such a fantastic opportunity. Please give a round of applause to our newcomers and a round of applause to yourselves. Thank you again. Drink up."

I raise my glass and step off the stage as everyone begins to chat and laugh amongst themselves again.

When Ellie and I got back together, she told me that I needed to become more approachable and that everyone was fucking scared of me. Even though I didn't give a fuck, I didn't want to let her down, so I've been trying to be more sociable. More patient even. And when my ego starts getting in the way, Ellie takes it down a peg. However, she's not my assistant anymore. She replaced herself with Charlie. A very gay and confident man who, if I'm being honest, is nearly as great as she was.

I walk towards the smile that's lighting the room up. And pull Ellie into my arms. Kissing her cheek.

"Amazing speech, boss man." She says as her cheeks blush bright pink. Ellie still looks around the room like she's scared we're doing something wrong. But then realises that she doesn't work for me personally anymore and releases a sigh of relief.

We came out as a couple when we returned from California, and Ellie thought it was only right to resign as my assistant because she didn't want anyone to think any less of her. Of course, I told her that none would dare say a word, and if they did, I'd fucking fire them in a second. Let's say that didn't go over very well.

So I conceded and let her resign. But thankfully, she still works for Elite. Ellie applied to the official marketing team, I was under strict orders to not be part of during the interview process. You know, to make it fair. She got the role out of eighteen potential candidates. Just like I knew she would. Because Ellie deserves everything and more.

"You know what's fucking amazing, sunshine?" I whisper in her ear as her skin pebbles under my touch.

"What's fucking amazing?" She retorts, her smile cheeky.

That deserves a smack to her ass, but I nip at her neck instead.

"I love that pretty fucking mouth." I push her body closer to mine.

She giggles but then looks up at me and kisses me softly, slowly, and so fucking sweetly it makes my heart clench.

"What's amazing, baby?" She asks.

I brush a stray hair from her face.

"It's amazing that within a year, I got everything I didn't know I fucking needed and can't live without."

Her eyes well with tears as she smiles up at me.

"I was just thinking the same thing, Mr Stone."

"How about we get out of here?" I say against her lips.

She nods and tightens her hold on my jacket.

"Oh, wait. I told Ava we'd meet her downtown! She had a hard time the last few weeks, and I said we should go out for some drinks while she's here again. Is that okay?" She blinked those big eyes at me, and I couldn't say fucking no if I wanted to. And I fucking want to say no.

"Yeah, sunshine, that's okay. But when we get home, I'm stripping you bare and taking you against every inch of the apartment. Understood?" I command, and she nods like a good girl.

"You said it again." She says, her lips pulled into a tight-lipped smile.

"Said what, sunshine?"

"When we get home. Like I live with you." Her voice is laced with amusement.

"Why is that funny?" I ask as the valet hands me my keys.

Ellie slips into the car, and I buckle her seatbelt.

"Because I don't live with you, Flynn. I have a home."

She laughs out loud, and the thought that she doesn't live in my apartment bothers me for some reason.

"Then move in with me."

"Wait- what?" She sputters and turns her body entirely to face me.

"Flynn.."

"What? Live with me. You're at my place nearly every night anyway. I'll arrange movers and have everything there within a day." The more I say it, the more I know this is the best thought I've ever had.

"You want to live with me?" She asks so quietly I nearly miss the words.

"Yes, sunshine. I really, really fucking want to live with you. Morning breath and all." I tease while I grab her face in my hands.

She punches my arm but nods her head and sniffles.

"I want that too." She leans forward and crashes her lips against mine. I pull her as close as I can get her. Her hands tangle in my hair as I grasp my hand her throat. Deepening the kiss.

When we pull away, Ellie's eyes are glossed over with heat. I turn back to the steering wheel before I fuck here right here, and that's when I notice the valet staring at us through the windscreen. He quickly looks away as my eyes meet his in a hardening stare.

"Good, then it's settled. We're moving in together." I nod and keep my face neutral, but my heart hammers against my chest. Fucking ecstatic that I get to wake up next to her every day.

This woman has turned me into a fucking sap, and if it isn't the best thing that's ever happened to me, I don't know what it is.

We stay silent the rest of the drive to the bar, happy to sit together, my free hand enclosed in hers.