Chapter 13 - Flynn

Three weeks later

I see Frankie Kincaid sitting in my office for the fourth time in three weeks.

He isn't fucking fooling anyone; he is here for Ellie.

I've never seen someone who lives in California fly to New York so often. Doesn't he have games to play or some shit?

"Frankie, what the fuck are you doing here? again."

"Hello to you too, Stone." He laughs, and I pinch my brow.

"Hello. Now, what the fuck are you doing here again?"

"I was just in the neighbourhood and wanted to say hello, that's all." He smiles easily and shrugs.

"She's not here." I blanch.

"Who is not here?" He asks as if he thinks I believe the shit he's saying.

"Kincaid, you were always an easy tell."

He huffs. " Why isn't she here? Is she okay?" he asks, concern in his voice, and I feel somewhat bad for him; the poor bastard can't help it; Ellie draws everyone to her. She's magnetic.

"She's fine; she's running a few errands before we go to California to see you in two weeks; I have no fucking idea as to why when you're always fucking here anyway." I roll my eyes and rub my jaw.

"And here I thought you were my number one fan. I was going to get you a jersey and everything." Frankie replies, he laughs just like he usually does, and I wonder if he's ever been annoyed.

Frankie checks his watch and then gets up from his seat. " I gotta head out, but tell El I said hello."

"Yep, i'll do just that," I reply, not even looking up as I sit down. he laughs once again and walks to my office door just before turning around and saying, "I'll see you with the rest of the team downtown at Ampersand tonight." And then he just leaves without any fucking explanation.

I grab my phone as irritation runs through my body and shoot Ellie a message asking her to meet me in my office when she arrives back; my fingers itch to touch her, but my mind races with annoyance, and I know the only way it's going to settle is if I speak to her.

Two fucking long hours later, Ellie walks into my office holding a coffee and wearing the sexiest pair of strappy black heels that I wouldn't mind having wrapped around my back as I fuck her into this desk.

"Black, no sugar," she says with that megavolt smile.

"Close the door, Ellie." I gruff out.

She arches her brow but does as I say, turning to walk towards the door—such a good girl.

Her ass is fucking delectable; my cock grows hard just watching her sway those fucking hips.

She turns back and stands in front of me. Ellie cocks her head and looks me up and down.

"Sit," I command, yet my voice is low and soft, and I see Ellie's lip turn up into a small smile as she sits across from me.

"If you tell me to bark like a dog, I will get up and leave Flynn." She teases.

I imagine her on all fours, and she calls me out as though she knows what I'm thinking.

"Head out of the gutter, Stone. What can I do for you?" She's gotten more brazen with me since we've started being together, and I fucking love it.

"Kincaid was here again today," I reply.

"Okay", the word sounding more like a question falling from her lips.