King of the Narrow Sea

A year had passed in a blink of the eye. Jessica had an established routine. She went with Alicent in the mornings to the Sept to pray. There were weekly matches of dragon chess with Otto Hightower. She also assumed the new role of Viserys' cup barer as Rhaenyra had taken a seat on the Small Council. And if she wasn't found in any of those places, or on rides with Rhaenyra then where was she?

Well, she could often be found in the nursery with Aemond. Holding him, reading to him. Just being with him. Well her and Aegon who was now clutched at her hip.

It was a quiet morning when Rhaenyra jumped onto her bed, waking her up from a nap. "You and I are going on a trip."

Jessica leaned up, hair tussled and clothes askew. "A trip to where? And can we bring the dragons."

Rhaenyra smiled. "Well..."

Jessica couldn't begin to fathom how many male suitors arrived at Storm's End. She sat nestled against Rhaenyra while Boros Baratheon sat to their right.

Rhaenyra leaned over and nuzzled against Jessica's cheek. "Any luck and we might find you a husband had well."

"This is your tour Nyra. Definitely not mine."

Beric Dondarrion was up first. And he started in on a frightfully dull history lesson. Jessica caught herself dozing off on Rhaenyra.

"Hey if I have to stay awake, so do you." Rhaenyra whispered as she sat Jessica up.

"He's older than father." Jessica rubbed sleep from her eyes. "And he's going on about our great grandmother."

Rhaenyra sighed. "I agree. It's unseemly for him to put himself foward as a contender for my hand."

Beric was ushered off and Boremund Baratheon stepped foward.

"And now a child." Rhaenyra murmured.

Boremund gave a bow to both. "Princess."

Rhaenyra smiled. "While I am flattered that you would come seek my hand. I think that I would be ill suited to be your wife."

Boremund opened his mouth to speak but Rhaenyra held up her hand. "However, sitting next to me is my sister Jesscareya. And I think you two would be quite the match."

Boremund smiled at Jessica and bowed his head. "Princess. If it should come a day where I was chosen as a match, know that your days shall be easy and your nights safe under my protection."

There was a scoff among the crowd and Beric Dondarrion spoke up. "The young Princess rides one of the largest dragons in the world you dumb cunt."

That's when a fight emerged and the two of them escorted out. Jessica turned and saw young Boremund Baratheon stab some high Lord.

"Don't look Princess." Ser Criston Cole put his hand up to block her gaze.

They boarded the ship and it didn't take long before Jessica realized they were heading back to King's Landing. She went and settled by Rhaenyra who was watching the waves.
Rhaenyra drew her in close. "So how will Father react?"

"How do you think he'd take you rejecting everyone who came? Or how we're going home two months early?"

Rhaenyra smiled then came a rush of wind.

"Take cover!" Criston bounded for the girls.

The dragon dipped low and knocked both down.

"Are you two alright?! Get the Maesters." Criston began barking out orders.

"Im fine, we're fine." Rhaenyra caught her breath and sat Jessica up.

Jessica ran as soon she was steady. It was Caraxes. Caraxes was making his way toward King's Landing.