Ten Years - Part 1

Jessica had been pacing at the door for sometime. The midwives had kicked Jessica out of the room, though against Rhaenyra's wishes. She could hear Rhaenyra deep into her labors and Jessica knew she'd be an Aunt again before long.

"Any news?"

Jessica turned to see Leanor. "Not yet. But by the sound of it Nyra should be almost done with her labors."

The both turned to the door as Rhaenyra cried out. Then both returned to pacing around one another.

Finally one of the younger midwives poked her head down. "A boy."

Leanor went in followed by Jessica. "A boy I just heard!"

"Yes." Rhaenyra gave a weak smile.

"What are you doing?" Jessica was over at Rhaenyra's side.

Rhaenyra pressed her forehead to hers. "Alicent wants to see the baby."

Jessica pulled back to look at Rhaenyra. "Now?"

"We're come with you." Leanor stated simply.

"I should hope so."

The trio headed out into open court many congratulations came from the Lords and Ladies.

"You know ladies I once took a lance to the shoulder."

Both girls were in unions. "My deepest sympathies."

Leanor gave a small smile. "I'm glad I am not a woman."

Rhaenyra stopped and winced in pain. Leanor and Jessica gave each other a look.

"We're turning back. Jessie take the baby. She can come to us. Alright."

Rhaenyra held firm. "No. Not unless you want to carry me down those  fucking stairs."

Leanor gave a sigh of defeat and they pressed on.

Finally they reached Alicent's apartments. Jessica settle into one of the couches. It was all nonsensical, asinine to be truthful. Alicent had disputed the children's parentage since Jacaerys was born.

Viserys leaned down and kissed her forehead. "My Sweet Girl."

"Your Grace, I believe that your daughter has exerted herself heroically and should rest."

"Of course." Viserys agreed.

Jessica tried to sneak out when Leanor and Rhaenyra left.

Alicent laid a hand on her shoulder "Just a moment Jesscareya."

Jessica turned and gave a pleasant, courtier smile. "Your Grace."

Alicent returned a small smile and rubbed her cheek. "We want to talk about arranging your tour."

Gods they were going to be incessant today. Jessica sighed, clutching at a pillow. "Do I have -"

Alicent wouldn't let her finish. "Yes you have to marry Sweet Girl, you know this. Unless you've already a suitor in mind."

Jessica gently placed her fingers on her lip, remembering a night that had long since passed. She couldn't help but smile.

She finally looked at Alicent and Viserys. "I know I have to marry. But why do I have to go to them. If suitors want an opportunity for my hand, they should have to come to me."

Viserys lips thinned. "So what are you saying?"

"Can we have a tour where they all come to King's Landing. You know how I fair in travel. I get irritable in a carriage for prolonged periods of time. I have next to no sea legs. I wouldn't mine flying but I doubt if you wanted me traveling across the realm unaccompanied."

Alicent and Viserys looked at one another. "I don't see how -" Alicent began but Viserys held up his hand.

"Aegon and Helaena's wedding will be arranged soon. Everyone will already be traversing here. It's not that difficult to arrange Jesscareya to meet with eligible matches."

Alicent opened her mouth but then nodded in agreement. "I suppose you're right."

Viserys chuckled. "That settles it."

Jessica rose. "Wonderful, now if you don't mind. I'm heading down to the pits. I heard Starfyre had a clutch and wanted to check in on her."

She bid her parents farewell and saw herself out. Jessica changed into riding garb. Mainly it was more protection down in the pits. The boys were already down there training.

Jessica smiled, her hands behind her back as she approached. "I heard Starfyre had a clutch."

"Princess." The dragon masters bowed. "She did. Just days ago."

"Then I shall make my way down." Jessica gathered a lit torch and made her way down to the entrance.

She stopped seeing the boys...and a pig?

"What is going on?"

The boys jumped and turned.

"We gifted Aemond a dragon...." Her nephew Lucerys found the ground interesting.

"That's a pig."

Aegon slipped and arm around her waist, placing a kiss on her cheek. "Come on Sis. We were just poking fun." His forehead rested against her temple.

"As I can see. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm heading down."

Aegon kept a grip on her. "Let me accompany you."

"Aegon." Jessica warned.

"Jesscareya."

Jessica took a deep breath, calling on the Mother for patience. "If you die, don't say I didn't warn you."

Aegon beamed. He grabbed her hand and they both descended the pits.

It was dark, save for the torchlight. Aegon now had a tight grip on her hand. "I asked them again."

Jessica shook her head. "So that's why they were pressing about the tour."

Aegon's jaw clenched. "There's no need for you to tour, when your match, your equal is right here at home."

"You know you're betrothed to-"

"I DON'T WANT TO MARRY HELAENA!"

Jessica pulled Aegon to a halt, clamping a hand over his mouth. She hears snorts and grumbles but no growls of imminent danger. She finally dropped her hand from Aegon.

He huffed, anger in his eyes. "I want you Jessica."

Jessica closed her eyes. He'd been telling her, their parents, everyone.

Aegon grabbed her face in his hands. "You and I are of the same flame. We burn together."

Jessica sighed and pulled away. "Let's continue."

The pair made their way down into Starfyre's den. It was large and warm. There she lay curled in the center. Her eyes opened as she heard approaching footsteps. There was a warning growl but ceased the moment she realized that it was Jessica.

Jessica laid against Starfyre, pressing her forehead against her. "Well don't my girl, well done."

Starfyre moved enough and nudged Jessica foward. A proud Mamma showing Jessica the eggs she laid. There were four of them in total each beautiful in their own right.

Jessica beamed until their was a scream, one she recognized.

"Aemond. Aemond!"

Jessica and Aegon headed up the path. Towards one of the entrances they saw Dreamfyre lashing out with fire. Aemond lay on his back.

Aegon rushed and scooped up Aemond. Jessica stood in front of Dreamfyre. She bared her teeth at Jessica. She smiled raised her hand and rubbed her snout. "He didn't mean it girl. You can rest."

A heartbeat or two passed before Dreamfyre returned to her cove.

Both of them took Aemond to the surface before having him escorted inside.