Steam and Smoke

Jessica had a bath drawn once leaving the throne room, preparing for supper that evening. Jessica sunk into the still scalding water, but to be honest, that's how she always loved her baths drawn. She just had just leaned back and closed her eyes when she heard the door open. Thinking it was just a serving girl, she didn't bother at first. Until the person knelt beside the bath.

"Content I see." Aegon smiled, gently taking her hand his fingers trailed up and down her arm.

Jessica lazily looked up at him. "Yes. I am."

Aegon chuckled softly, "I'm glad, Princess. Now move up." Aegon stood and began undressing.

Jessica sighed watching him. "The water is still scalding."

Aegon smiled and continued his task at hand.

"I was comfortable Aeg." Jessica groaned and made room for Aegon.

"I know Princess, come here." Aegon settled down. He reached over and gently grabbed her waist and pulled her to him. Jessica's back rested against his chest, and her head fell against his shoulder. His lips brushed, kissing her forehead, while their fingers intertwined.

Jessica closed her eyes, relishing in his touch.

Aegon finally broke the silence. "Do you love me?"

Jessica opened her eyes, turning her body towards her brother. "Where is this coming from?"

He looked down at her, a more serious look than she had every seen grazed his face. "Do you love me?"

Jessica answered without hesitation. "Of course I do."

"Then just not enough."

Jessica's brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean by that?"

Aegon reached up and cupped her cheek."I mean if you loved me enough you wouldn't have left home in the first place. You would have tried to escape Dragonstone the first moment you had. You would have come home to me, and not let him do vile, repulsive acts."

Jessica sighed and turn. Aegon adjusted her so she straddled him.

"You mean the vile, repulsive acts we committed in your chambers before my uncle and sister arrive for your wedding festivities."

Aegon shook his head. "That was an act of love."

Aegon nuzzled against her. "I would protect you from my mother." He kissed her shoulder and began to trail upward. "Helena misses you. And Aemond..." Aegon didn't want to think about it About how Aemond looked at her the Godswood the other day, how he'd been the one she invited back to her chambers to her bed for all Aegon knew. "He's still a twat, and you can go back to coddling him."

Jessica smiled, pressing her forehead to Aegon's. "I'm pretty sure Aemond is past the coddling phase."

"Oh don't be so sure." He brushed his lips against hers.
"Aeg...we can't."

Aegon pulled back to look at Jessica. "Can't...or won't?"

Jessica breathing hitched. "Is there a difference?"

Aegon held her face in his hands. "We will fix this Jess...I will fix this. You won't have to be afraid of Daemon."

Jessica shook her head, Aegon's hands moving along. "You don't understand. I've never been afraid of Daemon."

"Surely you don't mean to say you love him. Jessica. He has Rhaenyra."

"And you have Helaena." Jessica snapped. She sighed and took a breath. "Would you rather have Father approve the proposal from Vaemond Velaryon. I'm sure we can go ask the Silent Sisters for his opinion?"

Aegon nipped at her bottom lip, momentarily shutting her up.

"That's what I thought Princess."

Jessica closed her eyes. "Moon Tea."

"What about it?" Aegon asked in confusion.

"Make sure there's Moon Tea delivered to my chambers...discretely...once we've finished."

Aegon beamed and let his lips hungrily find hers.

Jessica was standing by the fire warming up. The water was well past freezing by the time both Jessica and Aegon had cleaned off. She could still feel his seed in her.
Aegon was content in the chair. He had agreed to stay with her until she had drank the Moon Tea.

She had expected a serving girl. She had not expected a very pissed looking Aemond accompanying her.

Jessica sighed. "Aemond...I -"

"Aegon or Daemon, which was it?"

"I don't see why it's any of your business." Jessica crossed the room to the serving girl and downed the Moon Tea as if it were apart of her daily regimen.

"Brother, you can leave us." Aemond never took his eye off Jessica.

"I think I'd rather."

"Out." Both Jessica and Aemond repeated in unison.

"Please." Jessica turned and added a heartbeat later.

Aegon huffed, there was a roll of his eyes but rose. For good measure, or to spite Aemond, Aegon leaned down to Jessica and placed kiss on her lip.

"Imbecile." Aemond stated once Aegon was out I'd earshot.

Aemond watched her with a steady eye. Jessica sighed. "Whom I bed -"

"Unless they are you lawful husband, Princess, who you bed is merely a list of names that I commit to memory."

Jessica folded her arms, "And pray, tell me what exactly are you planning to with this list."

"Nothing...yet. Our brother asked me to fix it upon our reunion. And so I will do just that."

"I am not a child that needs attending to, Aemond."

"You obviously need reminded of your place here at court. Didn't I tell you when I claimed Vhagar, the night we lied in bed together, that I would protect you. I can't do that while you fuck half of the court."

Jessica's face was bright crimson with embarrassment.

Aemond stood in front of her. He placed two fingers under Jessica's chin and turned her face to meet his.

"You'll be sleeping with me from now on, Jessica. For the rest of your stay here at court. We won't have any other shameful accidents. Not as long as you're under my protection."

His smile softened. "Don't be scared. I will not bed you. I take no pleasure in claiming what's not freely given. But...oh Jessica, you and I have never had secrets. And now is not the time to start. So be a good girl, and I beg you not to fight. It will not end well for you."

Aemond leaned down and placed a kiss on her cheek, letting his lips linger enough that Jessica began to reach out for him.

"I'll see you at supper Princess." Aemond straightened and took his leave.