Aegon and Aemond

Jessica stood up smiling. Aegon moved first, crushing her to his chest. "You're home. You're home." He pulled back and looked at her before crushing her to him again. "You're home."

"Not for long I'm afraid, Aeg." Jessica pulled back and looked at him.

Aegon shook his head. "Why what do you mean?"

Jessica sighed and cupped his cheek. "We're only here to settle the matters of Driftmark. Once settled, it's back to Dragonstone."

"No. No you have to stay longer. I can talk to mother -"

Jessica gave a sad smile. "I'm afraid that Daemon has protested my arrival multiple times already. He was rather instant on my stayings at Dragonstone in the first place."

"No. No!" He turned back to Aemond. "Fix this."

Aemond sighed, placing his hands behind his back. "You haven't even allowed me to say hello."

Aegon huffed, mumbling something under his breath but stepped back, and Jessica turned to Aemond.

Gods when did Aemond grow up? No longer was the boy who followed her around. The boy who would cling to her waist or arm. The boy who would share her bed, night after night. No. A man grown now stood in his place.

Aemond smiled down at her, reaching out for her hand.
Jessica smiled sweetly and placed her hand in his. Aemond brought her hand up to his lips, placing a gentle kiss.

"Hi."

"...Hi..." Jessica couldn't keep herself from smiling like a young foolish maiden.

"Fantastic! You've bid your pleasantries, brother." Aegon slipped his arms around Jessica, pulling her away from Aemond. Jessica could have swarn there was a hint of rage across Aemond's face.

"Now back to the topic at hand..." Aegon nuzzled against her and lead her away from the Godswood.

Shaking off Aegon had been more complicated than Jessica thought, but nonetheless, Aegon had always been bored in a library.

However, she had no doubt in mind that once Aegon had procured ample wine, he'd find his return.

"I thought he'd never leave." Aemond settled next to Jessica, leaning against the bookshelf.

Jessica jumped, bringing her hand up to her chest.

"Apologies Princess, it was not my intention to frighten you."

Jessica smiled and shook her head. "I thought you had stopped following us some time back."

Aemond scoffed, but smiled. "Please, did you really believe I would let Aegon be alone with you? Six years apart unfortunately has not curbed his appetite."

Jessica sighed. "It's become that bad?"

"When Daemon whisked you off to Dragonstone, Aegon all but destroyed his room. Every conversation turned into a screaming match until he just fell into his cups."

"And what of you, Aemond?"Jessica crossed her arms and turned to face him fully.

A smirk tugged at his lips. "What of me, Jessica?"

Jessica's gaze shifted away.

Aemond reached over, twirling a strand of hair in his fingers. "Come to the training grounds in an hours time. You should be in for quite a show." His tumb dared brush against her cheek and took his leave.

"Jessica!" Luke smiled as Jessica entered the training grounds. He ran up and hugged her.

Jessica squeezed Luke tightly as Jace came over and placed a kiss on her cheek. "I - we didn't expect you out here. Daemon had been insistent that you stay with him."

Luke looked up at Jessica puzzled. "Does that mean he'll sleep with you or with mo-"

"Shh." Jessica brought her finger to her lips, and looked around. "Arrangements at home are different than the arrangements here. It'll be best to maintain appearances until we are safely back on Dragonstone."

Luke tugged Jessica to the weapons. "Look the ones we practiced on when we were here."

Jessica laughed and shook her head. "You almost took your head off trying to swing Ser Criston's morningstar."

Jace sighed looking out onto the crowd. "Everyone is staring."

Luke sighed and laid his head on Jessica's chest. "No one would question me being heir to Driftmark... if... if I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than Ser Harwin Strong."

"It doesn't matter what they think."

Their attentions were pulled to a large crowd forming. Jessica walked over to investigate.

Aemond and Ser Criston were squaring off. Ser Criston had his famous morningstar and Aemond was sheathed with a sword and a shield.

"They're not using training weapons..." Jessica breathed.

But Aemond was dodging beautifully. More graceful than Daemon she had to admit. Back and forth just like a dance.

Eventually, Aemond caught a glance at her. But that gave an opportunity for Ser Criston to swing.

Jessica didn't realize she had been holding her breath until Jace gave her hand a squeeze.

When Aemond knocked the morningstar out of Criston Cole's hand, the crowd erupted in applause.

Ser Criston straightened up and bowed his head to Aemond. "Well done, my prince. You'll be winning tourneys in no time."

Aemond kept a straight face. "I don't give a shit about tourneys."

His face trailed to Jace and Luke. "Nephews...have you come to train?"

Ser Criston made his way to Jessica and bowed his head. "Princess. Welcome home."

"Thank you good Ser. You fought well."

Ser Criston smiled. "The Princess is too kind."

Jessica smiled and turned to Aemond. "Well done my prince."

"Jessica!" Daemon called to her.

Her head whipped around to Daemon. He walked over to the dissipating crowd.

"I began to worry when you weren't in the nursery or your chambers."

Jessica bowed her head. "Apologies Uncle. When the twins awoke, Helaena and I took them into the Godswood for some fresh air."

Daemon raised an eyebrow. "Go on."

Jessica sighed. "I -" her eyes glanced to Aemond.

"It was my fault." Jace spoke up. "I asked her to accompanying me to watch the training."

"Hmm." Daemon seemed to mull this over. "Nevertheless, Jacaerys, training grounds are no place for a Princess."

Daemon held out his hand to Jessica, when Aemond stepped in front of her. A lazy smile on his face. "I am more than capable of seeing my sister inside safely."

Jessica tensed, there were very few things people wanted to challenge Daemon on. This was at the top of that list.

Daemon licked his lips. "Be that as it may, she is in my care, and I would like to attend to this matter myself."

Aemond and Daemon stared each other down. Daemon kept his hand out, Aemond standing right in front of Jessica, blocking his view to her.

"I'm afraid I must insist Prince Daemon. You are our guests, surely you would not want to insult your hosts."

Jessica sighed and stepped around Aemond. "It's fine Aemond. I'll see you at supper." She walked over to Daemon and took his awaiting hand.