Rise of King Aegon II

Aemond did not put her down until they were safely inside the Red Keep. Bathwater was immediately drawn for Aegon. Jessica had settled in the library....at first.

Jessica climbed the stairs, and made her way into Aegon's chambers unnoticed. Steam was coming from the adjoining bathing room. Jessica walked in and closed the door behind her.

Aegon was alone except for one serving boy. Aegon turned to the sound. His eyes locking on Jessica's every move.

He didn't even look at the boy. "Get out Tylar."

Tylar bowed his head and left the room.

Jessica looked at Aegon as she tossed her robe over the chair. Aegon's eyes were trailing up and down, a finger carefully resting on his bottom lip, as he played different scenarios in his head.

Jessica gave a smirk. "You keep undressing me with your eyes and I'll catch my death of a cold."

Aegon smiked. "Get in."

Jessica made a sweeping motion of her hand, addressing the gown she still wore. Only two of the buttons undone.

"Just get in."

Jessica and Aegon held each other's gaze before she picked up the hem of her dress and stepped into the bathtub.

Aegon grabbed her by her waist and pulled her down to him. His lips fell down on hers hard, his hands grabbing fistfuls of her hair.

She only pulled back when she heard fabric ripping. Aegon only smiled down at her and tossed the ripped dress to the side and returning to his task at hand.

Jessica was just finished dressing when Mysaira entered her chambers. She picked up the Valyrian Steel necklace, and secured it around her neck.

The dress she wore was of a steely gray blue. Black onyx swirls were on the cuffs, collar, and the hem of her dress.

Mysaira was straightening a few strands of her hair. "Play the dutiful wife. And with any luck, this coronation will go smoothly."

Jessica gave a nod, sitting on the edge of her bed.

Mysaira signed and sat next to her. "I was younger than you are now, when I witnessed the horrors at hand. The beatings and even massacres. I've witnessed the deaths first hand. I've made every mistake and let the shame rise in me. And even now I lie awake, knowing history has its eyes on me."

Jessica looked over at her. "Why are you telling me this?"

Mysaira grabbed her chin and turned Jessica to face her. "Let me tell you what I wish I'd known, when I was young and dreamed of glory. You have no control who lives, who dies, who tells your story. I know that you can win. I know that greatness lies in you. But remember from here on end, history has its eyes on you."

Jessica had been quiet the first stretch of the carriage ride. Aemond and Jessica glancing at each other now and then.

Finally Jessica got up and crossed to Aemond, and curled into his lap. She nuzzled against him, burying her face in his chest. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

It took a minute before Aemond picked her up and nuzzled against her. "Shhh My Love. Alright. I'm right here."

His lips found hers, that possessiveness Jessica always found comfort in. And she craved more.

Aemond suddenly caught her wrists. "I will give you...everything My Love, but first promise me something."

Jessica was already panting hard. "...Anything..."

Aemond smirked. "Aegon is done. King or not...unless he is intelligent enough to realize he can officially take you to mistress, and comes to that conclusion without you telling him. You block all his advances."