Actions and Consequences

Jessica was barely dried off and settled by the fire when the door flew open and then slammed shut. Jessica just had time to stand before Daemon crushed her to his chest.

"I'm fine Uncle." Jessica pulled enough away to look up at him. "I'm just cold is all. The Maesters already said I should not take ill."

Daemon wasn't listening. He was frantically searching for any visible marks, scratches, bumps and bruises. Finally she took his face in her hands and pulled him to a stop.

"I. Am. Fine. Daemon."

Daemon sighed and pressed his forehead to hers. "I almost lost you. And before I could dive in and save you. That cunt of a prince swooped in."

Jessica couldn't keep the smile from playing on her lips. "Aegon was only trying to help."

Daemon scoffed. "Please. He follows you around like some lovesick pig."

Jessica sighed and went to pull away when Daemon caught her and held her in place. Daemon's thumb delicately brushed her lips.

"We could go now." His voice was a  soft whisper. "I could go gather the girls and the four of us could be off to Pentos. We could have the life there, you and I. We would be together everyday."

Jessica sighed."Alicent would kill us...kill you. And I'd be drug back to King's Landing."

"All Seven Hells would have to freeze over for her to lay a finger on me. And I dare her to lay a finger on you."

Daemon took her face fully in his hands. "Because if I ever see one hair out of place, nothing, no one, could stand in my way from doing what needs to be done. I promised that to your Mother the day you were born."

Jessica felt her heart race, her face flushed.

Daemon kissed her forehead. Jessica closed her eyes, relishing in that feeling. He rested his forehead against hers. "Do you remeber the night of Rhaenyra's wedding?"

"Ser Joffrey being murdered? How could one forget."

Daemon chuckled. "After that love."

Jessica pulled away from Daemon and crossed to the fire. Her fingers brushed her lips. How could she possibly forget what transpired in her chambers. That one memory she clung to night after night for the last ten years.

"You were a child then." Daemon turned her direction. "And I let you glimpse pleasures that you would one day experience." He walked up behind her. His chin resting on her shoulder. "You're a woman grown."

There was a knock on the door. Daemon cursed the Gods under his breath and flopped into the nearest chair.

"Princess the Queen...." The servant stopped seeing the pair in the room.

"Thank you, Seara." Jessica nodded. "Please let the Queen know I am on my way."

She gave a curtsy and rushed off.

Jessica sighed. "I should - "

Daemon rose. Jessica straightened. Something was different. The way he held himself. How he walked. How is eyes darkened.

Jessica opened her mouth to speak, but Daemon's lips fell onto hers. Possessive, soft, passionate, loving. The need and the want existing in the same space. Jessica couldn't quite grasp on to any one particular thing.

But she knew Daemon had to hold himself back the last time. She was to soft and delicate. And there love was different then.

But ten years had passed and those days were long behind them.

As soon as it came, it ended. Daemon rose and straightened himself out. "I'll see you at supper." One more kiss, sweet and chaste. And Daemon was gone.

Leaving Jessica to face The Queen.