Mysaira's Deal

Light flooded into the room. Jessica stretched and rolled over. Jessica kept her eyes closed and murmured to Aegon. "Why didn't you wake me Aeg?"

No response.

Jessica opened her eyes to find she was alone in the small space they had shared together the night before.

Jessica rose and dressed in the under layer of her gown. She went to check the other room, but Aegon was nowhere to be found.

Panick rose up in her. She was alone. In Flea Bottom. Without Aegon.

Jessica nearly jumped when the door knocked. Cautiously, she went to open it. A young girl smiled and handed her a package. "For you Princess."

Jessica took it as the girl let herself in, settling herself on the bed.

Jessica sat the package down, removing the piece of paper first. There was a flowery script across it.

Meet me at Balerion ~ M

Helaena was doing her needlework, the twins playing on the floor with their nanny. "It is our fate, I think, to crave always what is given to another. If one possesses a thing, the other will take it."

The nanny nodded. "Yes, Princess."

Alicent came bursting through the door. "Where is Aegon?"

Helaena barely glanced up. "Not here."

Alicent went to head out Aemond marched in. "Where is Jessica?"

Helaena gave a huff. "Not here."

Alicent glanced between her two children. "You mean they are both gone? Starfyre..."

Aemond shook his head. "Is with Vhagar. She's not left for Dragonstone. At least not by dragon."

Alicent paced. "Is Aegon stupid enough to take Jessica into the city."

"Yes." Both Aemond and Helaena answered simultaneously.

"Ser Criston." Alicent turned to her guard at the door. "Aegon and Jessica must be found, and they must be brought to me. The very fate of the Seven Kingdoms depends on it."

Aemond turned to the knight. "I'll come with you."

Ser Criston shook his head. "That would not be my desire, My Prince."

Aemond's hands were behind his back. "Well that should have been put to thought when my brother stole my wife from her bed."

The dress was a brilliant midnight blue with intricate silver details. A matching blue shawl was draped over her hair.

"We mustn't keep the Lady waiting, Princess." The girl smiled and took her hand and lead her outside.

Flea Bottom seemed less intimidating than it had been the night before. There were many vendors that lined the streets and shouts could be heard from all around.

The small girl seemed to have no problem navigating the maze that was Flea Bottom. And even as well dressed as Jessica now was, no one seemed to pay her any attention.

Jessica didn't know she was holding her breath until she was in very familiar territory.

Jessica was lead down to the skull of Balerion the Black Dread. Her gaze shifted to the circle of candles.

It was empty save for one woman. She was in a similar gown. It was silver and the shawl was midnight blue.

Jessica was sat down next to the woman, the tiny girl was handed a small bag of coins and she rushed off.

The woman turned to Jessica. The pair silently studying one another.

Jessica narrowed her eyes, concentrating. "I remember you."

The woman smiled, a gentle laugh escaping her lips. "You were five-years-old when you and I first met on Dragonstone."

Jessica nodded, remembering. "Rhaenyra and I went to retrieve the dragon egg Daemon stole."

"I have never seen anyone reduce Daemon Targaryen into a bumbling fool." The woman shook her head. "Both sides had swords drawn. You didn't let that deter you. Confident, head held high. And I watched Daemon Targaryen favor you over his beloved sword, Dark Sister. And if the Lord Hand was not there, he would have marched you into Dragonstone and would have refused to let you leave. You had him completely wrapped around your finger. I bet you still do, Princess."

"Jessica please."

She nodded. "The Lady Mysaira at your service."

Jessica nodded her head. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Jessica looked to Mysaria. "So what exactly can I do for you?"

Mysaria smiled. "It's not what you can do for me, it's what I can do for you."

Jessica cocked her head to the side. "And what are you proposing, My Lady?"

Mysaira folded her hands. "To break you free from the service of men. War is coming you do understand that?"

Jessica nodded. "I know. The Queen is pushing for Aegon to rule. Rhaenyra vying for herself."

"And you?" Mysaira asked simply.

Jessica almost laughed. "Me? I am a second daughter married to a second son. I do not possess a conqueror's name nor a cock."

Mysaira grinned. "Oh I like you, Jessica. I like you a lot. No. It is true you possess neither of those tools. However, you will possess a very powerful ally."

Jessica narrowed her eyes. "Who?"

"Myself, Princess." Mysaira reached over and took her hand.

"And let me help you, I can put you on the Iron Throne. And we can have peace. Hopefully without much bloodshed."

Jessica thought that was almost laughable. "And pray tell me, how I am supposed to do that?"

"You have the three strongest men fawning themselves for your favor. You use the tools the Mother blessed you with. And I will be there guiding you on which prince to seduce when."

Jessica shook her head. "It won't work..."

Jessica sighed and bowed her head. "Twisted every way what answer can I give. Am I to risk my life to win a chance to live?"

Jessica thought of Daemon. "Can I betray the man who once inspired my voice?"

She thought of Aemond and Aegon. "Do I become their prey? Do I have any choice."

Of Rhaenyra and Alicent. "They'll kill without a thought. They'll murder all that's good."

Jessica looked to Mysaria. "I know I can't refuse. And yet, I wish I could. Oh Gods if I agree what horrors wait for me in this, The Dance of Dragons."

Mysaira squeezed her hands as the doors flew opened. "Jesscareya, Princess, don't think that I don't care. But every hope, and every prayer rests on you now."