Courtroom Petitions

Jessica took her supper with Daemon, Rhaenyra, and Rhaenys unable to sneak out. Once supper finished, Rhaenyra and Rhaenys went out for a walk.

Jessica had been milking her wine glass for some time now. Daemon sighed and pulled her onto his lap. Jessica immediately curled into him. Daemon's thumb delicately brushed her cheek. "I know. I'm ready to be home to, my love. Having you this far away does nothing for my nerves."

Jessica looked up at him, her chin resting on his chest.
Daemon smiled, leaning down and placing a sweet, chaste kiss on her lips.

Jessica could have stayed like that, but she knew King's Landing had changed and there were eyes everywhere. So she did rise and retired for the night.

Not long after did Jessica change for the night, did her door fly open. Aegon stumbled in, nearly tripping over himself.

Jessica glanced over and sighed. "Good evening Aegon."

Aegon straightened up and gave her a lopsided smile. "You said wine."

Jessica went to open her mouth when Ser Criston Cole burst through, almost tripping as Aegon had. Aemond calmly strolled in, hands behind his back.
Jessica blinked. "I remember inviting one of you to my chambers..."

"Apologies Princess," Ser Criston bowed his head. "I was just seeing the prince to his chambers."

"We can tarry a bit good ser."

Aemond took a breath and stepped in front of his brother. "You are already far in your cups brother. It's time that you retire to your chambers."

Aegon went to protest, but Aemond put a hand on his shoulder, and turned him to the door. Ser Criston falling to Aegons side.

Aemond smirked and leaned on the doorframe. "Don't worry brother, I'll be sure to take care of our sister." And closed the door behind him.

Jessica woke up to light creeping in her room. She slowly sat up and stretched. She didn't remember falling asleep. Last thing she remembered was laying her head on Aemond's lap.

Speaking of Aemond, he was nowhere to be found.

She called for the servants, and dressed. She broke her fast in her Father's chambers then settled next to his bedside with her needlework.

Otto Hightower had entered the bed chambers not to long after Jessica began her work.
Her Father groaned and opened his eyes. He looked to Otto. "I want supper."

Otto sighed. "It's the morning, Your Grace."

Viserys huffed. "Tonight Otto. The whole of my family is here, gathered in the Red Keep. I want us to dine together."

There was a groan and Jessica reached her hand out to her Father. He took her hand in his. "Otto, bring me Milk of the Poppy."

"No." Otto replied softly.

"Jesscareya." Viserys looked to his daughter.

"I will see things done."

Viserys smiled. "That's my girl."

Otto looked at Jessica, "will you be joining us down at court?"

Jessica glanced over. "I will remain here at my father's side."

Otto bowed his head. "Princess, Your Grace." He took his leave.

Vaemond Velaryon was deep into the history of Driftmark. Rhaenyra just began her petition when the doors to the throne room opened. Viserys made his way to the throne. Jessica followed behind her Father.

"King Viserys of House Targaryen, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm, and his daughter Princess Jesscareya of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name. Princess of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Princess of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Relam."

Though her father struggled he made his way to the Iron Throne, brushing off any help. Daemon pulled Jessica to Rhaenyra once she reached them, and Daemon took over seeing Viserys to the throne. Once settled, Daemon joined the girl, taking Rhaenyra's hand and slipping his arm around Jessica.

Viserys looked out onto the crowd. "I must... admit... my confusion. I do not understand why petitions are being heard over a settled succession."

Vaemond smirked. "The one who can give better insight into Corlys Velaryon's wishes is none other than his wife, the Princess Rhaenys."

Rhaenys stepped foward. It was ever my husband's will that Driftmark pass through Ser Laenor to his trueborn son... Lucerys Velaryon. His mind never changed. Nor did my support of him. As a matter of fact, the Princess Rhaenyra has just informed me of her desire to marry her sons Jace and Luke to Lord Corlys's granddaughters, Baela and Rhaena. A proposal to which I heartily agree."

Viserys wheezed a sharp intake of breath. "Then the matter is settled...again....I hereby reaffirm Prince Lucerys of House Velaryon as heir to Driftmark, the Driftwood Throne, and the next Lord of the Tides."

Vaemond Velaryon was shaking his head. "No. No! I will not allow it. That is no true Velaryon and no nephew of mine."

Vaemond turned his gaze upon them, Jessica finding herself curling more into Daemon.

Viserys, apart from looking pained, looked annoyed. "Then what would you propose?"

Vaemond's eyes settled on Jessica. There was definitely a smile as a plan was turning. "Instead of naming the whore's bastard the Lord of Driftmark, wed the Princess Jesscareya to my eldest son, Daemion Velaryon. Let them inherit the Driftwood Throne upon my brother's death."

Viserys stood, "you forget yourself Vaemond. Watch your tongue or I'll have it removed."

"My king." Vaemond bowed his head.  "But you cannot deny that the match is good. Prince Daemon refuses to find a match for her, and it is past time the Princess is married off. My house would welcome her to High Tide with open arms -"

Dark Sister came slicing through Vaemond's head as Daemon severed it off his body. A loud gasp a few screams.

Daemon looked up at Viserys rather unphased. "He can keep his tongue."

"DISARM HIM!" The guards suddenly shouted.

"No need." Daemon sheathed Dark Sister. He held his hand out, and Jessica was immediately at his side. Rhaenyra followed and so did the rest of their family, departing from the throne room.