Discord

Rhaenyra and Jessica each grabbed one of Daemon's hands as quickly as possible. Jessica hadn't taken her eyes off Aemond. In all honesty, the room was suddenly feeling hot and crowded.

Her eyes were wide, her lips parted. She was not used to being rendered speechless.
Viserys looked between his daughter and his son. Then smiled. "Yes, that is well within in my power."

Otto straightened up. "News can be sent out on the morrow, Your Grace. And by the end of the month, the wedding can be held. This news is something the realm can look foward to, our family can look foward to."

Viserys let out a chuckle. "This is a joyous night after all. Both sides of the family uniting as one."

Alicent stood and raised a glass. "I would like to be the first to congratulate both Aemond and Jessica. May the Mother fill this union with countless blessings."

The initial shock had seemed to finally ware off Daemon. He whipped his head toward Viserys. "Brother."

Viserys sighed. "Don't ruin this, Daemon."

Daemon shook his head. "Jessica has been in my care, under my protection for the last six years. Surely the right to chose a suitor for her is well within my jurisdiction."

Viserys huffed. "Normally I would agree. However, I've written to you on several occasions about potential suitors, all of whom you rejected. Daemion Velaryon was not a horrible match."

That was news to Jessica. But it did explain some of Daemon's behavior. She could recall nights that Daemon would come into her chambers unsettled. He would immediately kiss her and bed her until first light. She could come to the conclusion that a handful of nights Daemon would have recieved such news.

Daemon scoffed, breaking Jessica's train of thought. "Gods be dammed I have high standards for my niece."

Viserys slammed the cup on the table. "Jesscareya is MY child. A fact that you often forget. This union will happen whether you like it or not."

Daemon sighed. He let go of Rhaenyra's hand and took a drink.

Aemond kept a pleasant smile on his face. "I have one final tribute. My Betrothed."

Jessica stood taking her cup in hand. "My Betrothed." The words felt heavy in her mouth.

Aemond smiled at her. "Words cannot describe the joy this union brings me. Jessica, my beloved betrothed, to our life, our future together. I know life will be easier, the days lighter with you at my side. And so I raise this glass to you."

Jessica in turn raised a glass to Aemond. "And to you, My Prince, my beloved betrothed. I shall know that my days are easier, my future brighter, with you lovingly at my side."

She didn't dare look at Daemon. The tightness of his hand around hers was all the answer she needed.

Aemond turned his gaze to Jace and Luke, "And to the health of my nephews, Jace...Luke...and Joffrey. Each of them handsome, wise..." Aemond gave Jessica a smirk, "Strong."

"Aemond." Jessica warned.

He looked down at her hand that Daemon still had a hold of and continued. "Come let us drain our cups to these three strong boys."

Jace snapped. "I dared you to say that again."

Aemond cocked his head to the side, "Why? 'Twas only a compliment. Do you not think yourself strong?"

Jace threw the first punch. And Aemond barely flinched. Luke rose from his chair and made it to Aegon before Aegon slammed him down at the table. Jace went for another round, and Aemond shoved him onto the floor.

"Jace!" Rhaenyra rose, followed by Alicent.

Jessica sat down her drink as Daemon rose from the table. As soon as he let go of her hand, Jessica croseed the table to Aemond, grabbing onto both his arms. "This is enough."

Aemond looked down at her, his expression turned lovingly and he quite delicately released himself from her grasp. Aemond reached up, cupping her face in his hands, Aemond's thumb brushing her cheek. "Now My Love, this isn't anything you need to be worked up over."

Jessica opened her mouth to retaliate when Aemond leaned down and kissed her cheek, then laying her head on his chest. His arms locked around her, daring anyone to try and pry Jessica from him.

"You did this all just so I would cross the table."

Aemond's lips brushed her forehead. "You came so willingly my clever girl."

Alicent turned to the pair. "Why, Aemond. Why would you say such a thing before these people."

Aemond smirked, "I was merely expressing how proud I am of my family, Mother. Though it seems my nephews aren't quite as proud of theirs."

Jace went to reach out, and take Jessica from Aemond. Aegon stepped in front of Jessica, blocking her entirely from view.

"Wait, wait." Daemon placed a hand on Jace's shoulder. And Rhaenyra ushered Jace, Luke, Rhaena and Baela to their quarters.

Alicent sent Aegon and Helaena off.

Aemond still clutched Jessica to him, staring Daemon down.

Daemon simply looked at Jessica and held his hand out to her.

Jessica knew the command. She knew that she was to take Daemon's hand, and settle against Daemon's side. It had become not only a security blanket to her, but to Daemon as well.

Aemond would rather fight to the death than let Jessica go.

"Aemond." Jessica sighed and looked up at him.

He looked down at her. Then to Daemon, Rhaenyra then Alicent before leaning down and whispered in her ear.

"My chambers tonight. I meant what I told you this afternoon. Don't think I won't come looking for you." Aemond pulled back and looked at Jessica. She gave a nod. He smiled, satisfied with that answer. He leaned down and placed a sweet, chaste kiss upon her lips before walking out of the dining hall.

Jessica immediately crossed to Daemon taking his hand and settled into his side. He lead her out of the dining room and to his chambers.

"Fuck the court." Daemon hissed once he slammed the door shut.

"Fuck The Queen. Fuck her pups. I told Rhaenyra that I did not want you to return to court. I told her that they would pull something. I won't let you marry that insolent prick!"

Jessica sighed, taking a breath. "You and Rhaenyra will be leaving for Dragonstone."

"So will you. And Gods that won't be far enough. Do you think that there is a corner in Westeros that we could travel to? Far enough to free me from this torment. I am a gentleman. My father raised me to act with honor. That honor is hanging by a thread that grows more precarious with every moment I spend here at court. King's Landing is the bane of my existence."

Daemon crossed to Jessica and captured her in  his arms. He leaned down and pressed his forehead to hers. "And you are the object of all my desires."