Chapter - 7

Neil's POV

'Neil Singhania marries with Myra Sehgal in private family function. Congratulations & God bless newly weds.'

Words were echoing in my ears from the moment I was out of my cabin. I was walking towards my father's office cabin.

"What the hell is this Dad?" I least bother to knock or ask or cared if anybody was inside.

I threw iPad on his mahogany desk.

"Excuse me. My son needs some attention." It was his way to kick out his assistant from his cabin.

"I am so sorry Neil."  He lifted iPad to look at the news.

"I have not expected this to happen." I kept glaring at him.

"It was my mistake to not ask Niren to take your and Myra's pic post marriage. That pic would have look more better than this. Right?" He was casual which increased my temper to the max point.

"I have asked you to keep this bullshit as private but you...?

"You have asked for private wedding but you have never said you don't want to announce your wedding." I swirled leisurely.

"You are trapping me in your words."

"What do you think? We should plan your wedding reception this week or are you going on your honeymoon with your new bride?" His eyes were still focused on news.

"Dad ENOUGH." My red shot eyes turned glassy in a moment.

My voice and his cold eyes were on me. I looked everywhere but not at him.

"You are protective and possessive towards your son, if I do the same then what is my fault in it?" After long pause his calm voice hit strings of my heart. After a long time I have heard his soothing and caring tone.

"You are destroying me Dad. Torturing me." Tear trailed even though I tried my best to control it.

"I am your father Neil. And I want you to be happy." He got up from his seat and moved to me to hold my shoulder.

"Trust me son one day you will thank me for this." I don't know what gets into him, he sounded different than earlier.

'If you would have cared for me, you would have not forced me.' hidden message was passed and I guess was well taken by him.

I shook my head still staring in his eyes. His eyes tried to peep inside my broken soul.

I finally walked out of his cabin. Hell actually!

I came back to my cabin and tried to concentrate on my work which was truly tiresome.

I switched on the screen to get camera view of Neev's nursery. I have installed CCTV there to keep an eye on my baby.

My eyes caught Myra, she was sprawled over recliner. Neev was on in her lap. She was reading something showing him from book. My baby had soft smile on his face.

His smiling face gave me strength to focus on my work.

It was evening when I returned back. I stepped inside, took stairs, and soft mumblings in melodious voice hit my eardrum.

As I took steps towards Neev's nursery, voice was little louder. I was used to welcome in my home with Neev's cryings when I used to return from office but today it was different. It melodious yet soothing voice.

Twinkle twinkle little star.
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high.
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle twinkle little star.
How I wonder what you are.