Chapter - 35

Myra came out from the washroom changing herself in a night suit when her eyes captured Neil going out of the room. She asked absentmindedly, "Neil, where are you going?"

Hearing her voice, Neil stopped in his tracks. He took a few moments to find an answer.

"Do you need anything?" She asked again.

"Ahh... wa... water... I need water." He fumbled without turning to her side.

"I have got the bottle, see it's over here." She pointed towards a water bottle on his side of the night table.

He gulped audibly before turning to face her.

'Shit what was I going to do?'

"Ohh... I did not notice it." He replied in a shaky voice. He closed the door behind and moved towards their bed.

Myra could not move her eyes from his troubled face. "Is everything ok?" she asked cluelessly.

"Yes, perfectly fine." He smiled looking at her. But Myra could observe his smile did not reflect in his eyes. He sat and gulped a sip of water from a bottle. He closed his eyes for a moment to gain his mental and physical equilibrium.

'Myra should not know about this.' He took a quick glance of her from his peripheral vision. She was staring at him trying peep inside his soul.

"You know right... I am always there for you if you want to share anything..." She spoke tenderly in assurance. She sat on her side of the bed.

"Always" This time she could see honesty in his eyes.

He stretched out on bed but pulled her holding her arm. It was a sudden pull and Myra cannot balance herself, she directly landed on his chest.

Neil looked at her startled face which was hidden behind her hair. With his free hand he pushed the hair back to adjust them behind her ear. His other arm was wrapped around her petite figure.

"Do you know how beautiful you were looking this evening, my Nightingale?" He was lost in her innocent, flushed face.

"It was so hard for me to keep my hands in my pockets." With his each sensual word was enriching her cheeks competing them with tomatoes. "I just wanted to kiss you then and there."

His one palm was cupping her face whereas thumb was caressing over her cheeks, his other hand was shamelessly moving over her waist over her night suit.

In a swift moment, he turned her to hover over her. Without wasting any further time he captured her lips in a passionate kiss. It was a promising kiss as if promising her that he will protect her from every pain, he will care for her no matter what happens in his life or their life. She was his most precious possession.

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she equally participated in the kiss. She knew that he wanted her very much the same way she wanted him too. His possessive instinct reached its peak, Myra could feel it. She fiddled her long fingers in his jet black thick hair.

Urgent need to breath air to keep their bodies functioning broke their kiss. Both were panting heavily after a long intimate moment. Neil could not move his eyes from her face, he saw her swollen lips, he pecked them quickly but left a lingering kiss on her forehead.

"Promise my Myra. Whatever happens in future you will be by my side." he mumbled against her skin.

"Where will I go? I don't have anyone other than you and Neev. Without you two, I will be lifeless." Tears formed in her eyes. Just the thought of them not being around her scares her these days.

From the day Meera has entered their home, her insecurities have reached to it's all time high. She was trusting Neil but one part of her heart was engulfed with fear of losing him. Over the last 20 days, she was successful in masking her inner thoughts behind her smile. But today, she herself could not control her anxious heart which poured it's concern in the form of her tears. Each passing day was giving her relief concluding, her own sister's departure will resolve all her insecurities.