Chapter - 17

It was for the first time Neil observed Myra's eyes. They were big doe hazelnut coloured perfectly complimenting her fair skin. With wide open eyes and slightly parted lips he found her looking cute.

'Her eyes resembles to Neev. Innocent'. Thought crossed his mind in a moment.

Myra felt his strong hold over her shoulders, she could feel his slight pull. Unknowingly, her heart responded to his gesture and in daze she reduced the gap between them.

Today, for the first time Neil could see differences between Myra and Meera in their appearances. Even being twins they had different eye colours. But more than colour he could see innocence, purity, warmth filled in her big doe ones unlike Meera.

She had straight wavy dark brown hairs unlike Meera's curly black hairs with different shades of highlights.

Myra always either tied in high pony or in loose bun leaving few tendrils falling on her face. His fingers ached with a feeling to shift loose strands behind her ear.

Meera was super skinny but Myra she had perfect body structure which can give complex to any fashion diva.

Meera always wore layers and layers of make up with costly perfumes, branded cloths and accessories but Myra need not required to do anything extra to earn attention. Her eternal beauty accompanied with pure soul, golden heart was enough for anyone to skip his heartbeat at her one look.

His breath was fanning over her face leaving her cheeks to compete with tomato.

"My Mumma" Neev's voice broke their trance. He was pointing towards Myra.

They both gained their senses back. Myra got straight and shifted taking a step back creating enough distance between them.

"Sorry" she mumbled, adjusting her hair strand looking everywhere. She took a deep breath to calm her racing heart.

Neil could not take his eyes off her face. His eyes had already captured her antics. His mere proximity had pushed her in heebie-jeebies.

This was something new for him. Meera was bold, aggressive, gregarious and the same reflected in her eyes as well as in her overall attitude.

But Myra's shy, hesitant, self-conscious appearance felt good somewhere in his heart. Unaware of his own self his own heart took a note.

Myra could feel his eyes on her, to escape from an unwanted situation she took steps away from them.

They heard a loud scream from inside. Myra turned to Neil with shock.

"Is it Julia?" Neil questioned but ran inside to look followed by Myra.

Julia was lying on the floor, looked like she fell down from the stairs.

They both hurriedly came towards her.

"Ohh my god what happened, Aunty?" Myra kneeled down.

"Nothing! I just slipped from the stairs. I am fine. Don't worry." Julia replied but her pain stricken face told entirely the opposite story.

"Is it hurting somewhere?" Myra took a closed look. There were no external injuries.

"My right hand and left feet." Julia could hardly reply.

Myra checked, "Neil, call 911, we have to take Aunty to hospital. My wild guess is this is a fracture. We have to do x-rays." Being a doctor, Myra could assess the possibility of impact.

"No... No. I don't think so. I am fine. It's just a small wound. It will heal with time." Julia tried to contradict before Neil could reply back.

"Julia, she is a doctor. Neither you nor me. It's better to listen to her." Neil pointed to his wife.