Chapter - 9

Neil's POV

I made Neev sleep in his crib. I kept on staring at his face, his hairs were falling on his forehead. I pushed them back to kiss his forehead.

He is my solace.

Another sleepless night, I took deep breath turned to bed.

Today is my second marriage anniversary with my ex-wife.

Two years back me and Meera tied knot on the same day.

From morning when I opened my eyes her thoughts were revolving around my mind. Pushing aside all her memories, I went to office thinking to bury myself in work but it couldn't help me out.

While coming back, I myself did not realize when I drove to my pent house. The house, which I had bought for me and Meera after our marriage.

When I stepped inside, everything was exactly the same the way I had left. But everything looked so fake now. Even the air inside became pungent making me breathless.

Memories of our togetherness started running in front of my eyes. Our first marriage anniversary.

I had spent entire day with her. We had went out for drive. I had gifted her Diamond necklace. We cut the cake and then private dinner. We were so happy.

No! I was happy but Meera was just excellently performing to be happy.

Everything started revolving infront of my eyes. I could see myself standing on the back of Meera, whispering something in her ears kissing her ear lobs. She turned to me smilingly and then I was awestruck looking at the beauty. We kissed each other passionately.

I closed my burning eyes and tears started rolling down my cheeks.

My feet took me upstairs to our bedroom. Everything was covered with white sheet. But there was one picture above our bed which had me and Meera. I had captured this picture on our honeymoon.

"Why Meera?"

"What was my fault?"

"I gave you everything. I brought all happiness to your feet still you left me."

"What was Neev's fault? How could you leave him? He needed you the most."

I slumped down feeling weakness in my knees.

I did not realized how time passed when I came to my senses I came back to my home still Meera's memories were haunting me.

It was worst decision to step in side that pent house. Just a step made me nostalgic.

I want to hate her. I want to loath her but still one tiny part of my heart feels that this everything is just a dream. One day I will wake up and my Meera will be beside me.

I entered my room to see one figure. Meera also used to stand infront of glass when it used to rain outside.

My Meera is back to me. Her only thought brought life in dead person.

But then reality hit me hard... It was Myra.

'Myra... her twin sister.'

'My new wife.'

'Why can't they live me alone?'

'Her sister ran away taking my peace ... my life and now she is here to take away my son from me.'

' I hate both sisters.'

If I had not Neev with me for sure I have ended my life long back. This pain is killing me.