Chapter - 38

"Yes... you are right. A man can never forget his first love and I am no different." His words kept on ringing in Meera's ears. She could not take away her eyes from his retreating figure climbing stairs.

'So, he is still in love with me.' She concluded while taking steps towards her room. Her heart and mind was rejoicing on the news of gaining back her lost possessions.

Neil, as per his habit, entered his room to find it empty when realisation hit him hard. His son and wife had moved out of his room to shift to another. He roamed his eyes on the room, it gave sinking feelings. He turned back leaving his room. He pushed the door of Myra's room. He mentally thanked his wife for her habit of not locking the door from inside.

He stepped in to see a beautiful sight in front of him, his wife and son were sleeping in each other's embrace. Myra had enveloped her son in a hug whereas his son had clutched his arms around her neck burying his face in her chest. Neil's heart instantly filled with jealousy over his own blood for his wife.

'Why does he have to cling to her so tightly?' he rolled his eyes.

For sure, this would have been the best day of Neev's life when he has received undivided attention from his beloved mother.

Myra was awake, she was aware about Neil's presence in their room. She cursed herself for not locking the door from inside.

Earlier, she had made Neev eat his dinner inside the room only. She and her son did not step out of the room. She was making Neev sleep when she heard the door opening sound. She immediately covered both of them and acted like she was in deep slumber.

But with one look at her face, Neil knew she was acting, he pressed his lips to suppress his chuckle. He moved towards her side of the bed after closing the door from inside.

Myra has closed her eyes tightly but she could sense his presence around her. She felt him sit beside her sleeping figure and started caressing her hairs. He shifted one hair strand falling on her cheeks behind her ears.

Myra shuddered when his fingertips touched her cheeks. Neil smiled looking at her failed attempts to pretend herself in deep slumber.

Neil was playing with her hair strand, his fingers were trailing over her cheeks disturbing her act of sleeping. But, he slid down pushing her towards their son's side when he saw she was not giving up on her act. He wrapped his hand around her waist, taking her in his arms, settling himself besides her.

"You are not sleeping here." Finally she gave up on her pretence seeing his advances. She turned and stared at him passing an order.

"I am." He replied, shrugging his shoulders and continued shifting to her side to make a space for him.

"No you are not." She replied firmly, taking a deep sigh. "This is not your room." She reminded him raising her eyebrows.

"Wherever my wife and my son are, then that's my place." He replied in the same determined tone pulling her back in his embrace.

Today, it was an exhausting day, Myra's body and mind had no more energy left to argue with him. She just wanted some peaceful sleep surrounded by beautiful dreams.

Just some 10-15 minutes would have passed when the deep silence of the room was broken by the rumbling sound followed by Neil's murmuring, "Shit."

"You did not have your food?" Myra again asked, darting her eyes in his.

"I can ask the same question." Neil knew even she was empty stomach.

"I was not hungry." She replied, rolling her eyes.