Chapter - 14

Morning alarm sound broke Niren's sleep. He groaned and woke up straightening his arms.

He rested his back on bed head rest and took his phone to check latest messages and emails.

One of the email captured his attention. It was from the security head. After reading email contents for 10 minutes. He took deep sigh.

"Neil you were so so wrong. I hope this will knock some senses in your dumb head." He shook his head.

But when he opened his WhatsApp for the first message from his brother.

'Niren, prepare my divorce papers. I want them tomorrow.' He stared at the message with wide open eyes.

"What the fuck?" He rolled his hand in his messy hairs. He immediately called his brother but looks like his brother was not in mood to pick up.

Niren threw blanket and went to washroom to get fresh up while continuously calling his brother. But there was no luck from other side.

He came downstairs to witness his mother waiting for him in dining hall for breakfast. He tried to escape but his mother has already spotted his presence around her.

"Niren, where are you going early morning?"

"Mom, I... I... I have one office meeting." He lied not meeting his tightly closed eyes with his mother.

"Ohh ok. But have breakfast and go."

"No Mom I will get late." He took step but stopped thinking. 'I should inform this to Dad. He will be able to handle this properly.'

"Mom where is Dad?" He turned to his mother.

"I don't know. In morning he got some call and he left without even letting me know. I got to know from maids." She was observing her son with narrowed eye.

'Did Dad know what happen in Neil's house? Shit. Neil you really screwed up now.' He pressed his forehead with irritation.

"Ok Mom, I am leaving" He turned but his mother had already observed his distress face.

"Niren, dare you lie to me. Where are you going?" Nandini was never a controlling mother but whatever happened with her first born made her possessive about her both son's.

'Shit'

"Niren, you are not leaving until you tell me where are you going? And I want truth only." She crossed her hand over her chest.

"I am going to Neil's house." Niren gave up knowing his mother's stubborn nature.

"Why? What happened? Is he ok? Did that girl...?" Her motherly heart filled with anxiety.

"No Mom. This is nothing to do with Myra." Niren turned in frustration. He just needed to escape from his mother's question bank.

"You cannot lie to me. There is something that girl had done to hurt my son." Her eyes were blazing with fire now.

"I am coming with you." She declared.

"Mom please no. I will handle."

"I AM COMING WITH YOU. That's final." It was order from Mrs. Nandini Singhania.

Here in Neil's house, he got up when morning sun rays brighten his room. He was spread over the couch. His head was throbbing with pain due to excess drinking last night.

Last night when he came back, one tiny part of his heart was filling guilty to throw any girl out of his house in middle of stormy night. He was never like this but Meera's betrayal and scene infront of him brought beast out of him.