Chapter - 36

Next day, early in the morning, Nandini, Dev and Niren came to wish Myra for her birthday. Whole family had a gala time. Nandini had herself baked a Red Velvet cake for Myra, whereas Dev gifted her a beautiful diamond necklace. Latest apple watch and LV bag was from Niren as her birthday gift.

They had lunch together which again was cooked by Nandini. She made sure to make most of the things from Myra's favourites list. Her simple gesture made the birthday girl teary remembering her own biological mother, moments she spent with her mother and grandmother made her emotional. It was after a long time her special day was celebrated like this.

Late at night after dinner the trio left for their home after a long celebration.

"You must be very tired, my birthday girl." Neil wrapped his arms around her shoulder leading her to their room.

"Yes."

"Where is your little body guard? I haven't seen him for a long time." Neil looked around.

"He is sleeping in our room. Yesterday as well he slept too late and in the afternoon, you and Niren kept him so busy that my baby could not have his afternoon sleep." Both entered inside.

Myra took a step towards her son's crib. He was sleeping peacefully clutching his favourite teddy bear. She smiled, kissing his forehead. It had become her habit to stare at his sleeping figure for hours and hours over the last 11 months of their marriage.

Neil stared at his two precious from back, just a smile on their face spread calmness in his heart. He carefully took out a velvet box from his side of the night table and took a step towards his wife.

He circled his one arm around her waist from back whereas with free hand he held her hand. He kissed her knuckles and slipped a diamond ring in her ring finger.

"Neil" she was surprised.

"You are my wife... but you don't have a wedding ring. Soo..." He pulled her on his chest. He remembered the day when they both got married legally. For any onlookers it was like, just two parties sealing some business deal. But today, he understood it was destiny who had sealed their fate on that day.

He kissed her forehead. "You are my sunshine. Always stay with me."

"Always!" She clinged to his body, burying her face in his strong chest.

Neil was gazing at the ceiling, his cold, discreet eyes fixed at far. He was caressing her hair gently but his mind was running with marathon speed with thought going around all over. Myra was sleeping peacefully in his arms, her steady breath indicated to him she had slipped in a deep slumber.

"I am sorry Myra." he kissed her crown.

He carefully started making her sleep on her other side, releasing himself. He tried to get up but felt a tug on his t-shirt. She had clutched his shirt in her fist. He smiled at her habit.

"But I have to do this Myra. For us." He again kissed her forehead mumbling against her skin and reluctantly released her hold over his t-shirt.

He got up from bed to admire his wife, he gulped. He closed his eyes momentarily, taking a deep sigh he turned towards the door. He came out after locking the door from outside. Taking the stairs he moved towards the study room. He took a few printouts and started walking towards the guest room. He was passing the kitchen entrance when an idea popped in his mind earning a devil smirk on his face.

Meera was tosseling in her bed, it was her birthday too but none of them had wished her till now except her twin sister. Her twin sister had visited her in the morning with a request to stay inside her room as her sister's in-laws were going to come to celebrate her birthday.