Chapter - 41

"Why did you forgive him so easily?" Nandini asked when she and Myra were enjoying their afternoon coffee time on the patio.

Myra turned abruptly to see her mother-in-law whose eyes were fixed on her elder son, Neil. He was running behind Niren who had clutched Neev in his arms, they were busy playing with little one. Last day, Nandini had invited the trio for dinner and compelled them to stay for a couple of days at Singhania House.

Today it has been a full week since the storm named Meera had gone from their life forever.

From last evening Myra had observed her in-laws giving silent treatment to their both sons for their hiding game. Both Nandini and Dev were not aware about their schemings and plottings.

"You should have made him feel guilty for his actions. He deserves punishment. He cannot take you for granted every time. You are his wife, not any outsider. Being your husband he was answerable to you with truth. Myra, my dear, these hidden games are enough to give a crack to strong, matured relations as well..." Nandini's words were showing her disappointment over her son's behaviour.

"If I would have been in your place... I would have given him a tight slap... And would have left him alone..." Nandini vented out with gritted teeth. She continued twisting her nose "At Least for a few days."

Looking at her drama queen mother in law, it was hard for Myra to suppress her chuckle.

"Mom... I will be truthful to you. Even I desperately wanted to teach him a lesson for hiding things from me. But when he confessed, I remembered my Mumma's words, 'To find the truth behind someone's words, look in their eyes. Eyes are a mirror for anyone's heart.' I did the same. And I saw the truth in Neil's eyes. His intentions were pure but his ways were wrong. Super wrong." Myra admitted grabbing every bit of attention from Nandini.

"Mom, it's very easy to break any relationship but it's very difficult to maintain the same. Just a couple of months back we accepted each other as husband and wife. Before that we were just parents for Neev."

"For any couple who is getting married either in love or arrange marriage gets some period of courtship to know each other as life partners. This phase also helps couples to understand their responsibilities and essentials of this bond. It's a new bond, new phase, new experience for both of us. And when it's new... mistakes are bound to happen." Myra turned her eyes from her mother in law to her husband.

She remembered from that dreadful day, she had observed changes in Neil. He had turned more responsible towards their relationship. He had apologised to Myra on numerous occasions, promising her to not repeat his mistakes.

"But if you cover up his mistakes he won't realise the severity and may make the same again in future." Nandini counter questioned.

"Punishment is necessary when one does not repent for his misdeeds. Repentance is always more effective than punishment." Myra mentioned naturally.

One part of Nandini's heart rejoiced seeing Myra. She thanked almighty for bringing this pious girl in her son's life as his soulmate. Nadini nodded her head in agreement but she took a mental note to talk about it with her son.

After visiting and spending an entire weekend with their family, Neil had planned to take Myra out for a few days.

"Where are we going Neil?" Myra asked when their jet took off.

"Where has everything started?" He said caressing his son's hair. Neev was sleeping on the seat beside him. "I need to impress my wife, right?"

"Calgary?" After almost 15 minutes of thought Myra could guess it.