Chapter - 25

Neil returned back to his home from the office, directly headed to Myra's room as he did not find the mother, son duo in the living room as usual.

Door of her room was wide open, but one look inside her room rooted him to his place. He could see one big bag opened and all things such as a pile of neatly folded clothes, diaper boxes, toys, books, cereal packs, toiletries, first aid box in short all essentials for any toddler for his upcoming trip spread across the room.

He leaned over the doorway looking at his wife's antics. She put  all things inside but somehow she was not convinced with her hard work so she took out all the things from the bag and again started to pack. This happened three times. Every time she used to make cute faces rolling her eyes when she had to start all over again. Her antics brought a small chuckle from Neil, he could not control.

"Neil?" It was for the first time in the last 15 minutes Myra could raise her head to see her husband.

"What are you doing, Myra?" He took a step inside.

"I guess, I am packing." His question made her unsure about her own.

"That I can see but what is all this?" He threw his suit and laptop bag on her bed and settled down in front of her, where he could find a place.

"It's Neev's first trip so I want to take all the things which he will need." Next day they were leaving for their most awaited trip to London.

"But we are not going on any no man's land. We can buy things if we missed anything over here."

"Yes but we don't know if those things will be suitable for Neev or not." Myra continued as Neil's face was a clear picture of confusion. "Just take this as an example." She took a pack of Diapers in her hand. "Neev is used to this, what if we don't find a similar brand. It may cause him rashes."

"Yes you are right." Neil agreed, he understood there was no chance he could win against his wife in the matter of their son.

"Did you finish your packing?" Neil asked purposefully, he knew his wife would have been busy in planning and packing for their son she would have forgotten about herself.

"I will do it once I am done with Neev's packing." She started to put things in the bag for the 4th time. "What about yours?"

"I will do it after dinner." He spoke then paused for a minute then continued, "Will you help me in my packing? I am terrible at it."

After their talks a week back about giving this marriage a true chance, Neil decided to take baby steps towards his new life. The first step was to let her enter into his personal space. Even earlier without his knowledge his heart had allowed her but this time his mind started vocalising his heart whisperings.

Looking at his efforts, Myra also started verbalising her own thoughts, started sharing her routine, she did not mind him helping her in small household chores. These little moments ignited hope of a bright future in their hearts.

"Sure why not?" She smiled brightly. "Coffee? I will get it now." She got up to leave.

"It's ok." He held her hand.

"But you will get a headache if you don't have it?" it was more of a question.

"How do you know that?" he scrunched his eyes.

"I just know that." Myra shrugged her shoulders.

"Ok please." he left her hand and she left for the kitchen.

He got up and went towards his son's crib. His son was soundly sleeping inside clutching his favourite soft toy teddy bear. Not to mention it was a gift from his mother on his first birthday which made it so special that his son had built a habit to sleep holding it close to his heart.