Chapter - 33

It was late afternoon, Neev was awake after his afternoon nap.

"My Baby." Myra tickled him.

"Mumma" he screamed loudly, he was continuously turning on his sides while pushing her fingers. "Mumma"

"Ohh my baby, it's time to wake up." She stopped pushing his hairs back, they were falling on his forehead just like his father. "Come"

Neev stood up in his crib raising his hands towards his mother.

Myra picked him and then came downstairs. She made him settle down on his high chair, keeping a few of his favourite toys on a tray. She went inside to get his afternoon snack.

"Booo Booo" Meera heard a baby voice accompanied by some music when she was out of her room.

"Hey Neev" Meera tried to grab his attention while sitting on the dining chair.

Neev looked at her for a moment before concentrating back on his elephant toy. He pushed the red button and the elephant toy started playing A, B, C, D song.

"A.... BBB... CCC" Neev was screaming his lungs out along with the lyrics of the song, though most of the alphabets he was not able to vocalise.

Meera could not take her eyes from her son. It was for the first time she was observing her baby.

She remembered the day, when doctors informed her about the baby's arrival in a private room when she was awake after long unconsciousness due to anaesthesia. She turned to see when the nurse brought her baby wrapped in a blanket. She had stitches on lower abdomen due to a c-section. She was in deep pain and the reason behind that pain was sleeping in the nurse's arms peacefully. Just a thought has infuriated her, she had declined to take her baby kicking the nurse out of her room with her harsh words.

Even when Neil came to meet her, she acted like sleeping in deep slumber revising her own escape plans for the next day. In short, she never even had a single look towards her own blood. But today, he was in front of her, growing up as a happy kid.

His dark brown eyes, his black thick hairs, pointy nose, thin line of lips resembled him much to his father.

"You are just like your father." She caressed his cheeks absentmindedly.

'He is my baby. My Neev.'

Unaware of her own self her heart longed for this little angel.

Neev turned to her touch with a creased forehead.

The same moment Myra stepped into the dining area holding a tray of food. She halted momentarily looking at the scene in front of her eyes. Unknowingly, her heart pricked with a thought of her sister being the biological mother of her baby. Again insecurity started consuming her mind and heart.

"Mumma" But her son had already predicted her state of mind.

"Yes my baby" both sisters replied back at the same time.

Neev scrunched his eyebrows looking at Meera. He turned to look at Myra who was now keeping a tray on the dining table.

"Mumma" , her son even though he was just a year old, had his own preferences over his blood relations.

His simple call filled Myra's heart with peace.

"See these are chicken nuggets. And then Neev will have his favourite banana milkshake." Myra could not meet her eyes with Meera.

Neev clapped his hands in excitement, of course his mother always takes care of his favourites.

Myra started cutting chicken nuggets into small pieces whereas she forwarded a sippy cup to Neev for his milkshake.