Chapter - 20

Neil was excited to return back to his home. He had seen Neev's video for almost 20 times but still couldn't get over it. He wanted to run back to his home to his son and squash him in his tight embrace showering his kisses on his small face.

His driver parked car in his driveway. Neil took fast steps to enter inside. He saw his baby was sitting on the floor surrounded with his toys.

"Neev, come to Dadda?" He kneeled down keeping some steps distance hoping his baby would take a few steps towards him.

His son turned to him, "Dadda."

He crawled towards his father which disappointed Neil a bit.

Neev stood up taking support of his father. He cuddled himself in his father's embrace.

"Your Mumma told me, my baby took the first step today." Neil planted a kiss on his son's forehead with adoration.

Neev did not understand his father's words but the little kid was busy being the centre of attention for his father.

Neil kept his suit jacket and bag side by side on the couch and held his son's hands to make him walk.

"Come let's do walki walki" Myra was enjoying father-son moments sitting on the floor. Earlier she was playing with her son. Broad smile was glistening on her lips.

'I hope this happiness stays always on these two faces.'

"You showed your Mumma that you can walk alone. Now what happened?" Her trance was broken with Neil'sulky voice. He was making a cute pout which earned small laughter from her.

"Why are you laughing?" he shot his question at her with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing." she shook her head pressing her lips to control her laugh.

"I guess mother and son are conspiring against me." he scrunched his nose and settled down on the floor beside Myra.

"Why isn't he walking now? I want to see it." He asked woefully.

"He will walk. Give him some time. He just took a few steps today but after that he is not in the mood." Myra cleared with shrugging her shoulders.

"Your son is growing up as a totally moody person." Neil chucked after a lot of efforts to encourage his stubborn son to take a few steps.

"Look who's talking about this." words were out even before Myra realised.

Neil turned to her abruptly with wide open eyes. "Do you think I am a moody person?"

Myra bit her tongue between her teeth shaking her head in negative. His glare gave goosebumps in her stomach.

"Hmm, you better not have any misconceptions." he snapped at her. Myrar pressed her lips tightly to hold on her laughter looking at his antics.

'Neev has taken cuteness from his father for sure.'

She nodded her head in negative vigorously. Her eyes filled with tears which she blinked turning to the other side.

Neil started laughing loudly looking at her expressions. She turned to see his face, he had palmed his face and was laughing wholeheartedly. She kept on staring at his face when she realised that it was for the first time she saw him laughing like this.

She understood he was making fun of her earlier. She rolled her eyes while getting up to make his black coffee.

Neev could not understand sudden laughter from his father, so he crawled to Neil. He stood up with Neil's support holding his face in his little palms.