Chapter - 29

"Were you awake?" Neil's trance broke when he heard a surprised, perplexed voice in their room.

Earlier, he was busy ogling at his wife's photo gallery on his phone. He, himself never knew he had a wide collection of her photos.

Today, after every scroll he was finding a new Myra in those photos. Picture where she was laughing wholeheartedly along with her son replicated the same smile on his lips. Some pictures where she was making Neev sleep filled his heart with peace. Her solo pictures are either holding a coffee cup looking from afar, working in the kitchen while shifting her hair strand behind her ear or pictures where she was sleeping soundly with a small smile. Her innocence filled smile led his fingertips to caress her cheeks.

"Yes I was." He replied, raising his eyes to the voice. She was standing in front of him with mouth open ajar.

Her hairs were wet, water was dripping from them indicating she had finished her shower just a moment back. She was wearing a plain white t-shirt with light grey tracks with no makeup or any accessories.

When Myra came out from the shower panel, she wore her t-shirt and track pants. She was about to pull the towel to wipe her hair but her phone beeped with notification. On any other day, she would have ignored it but the notification title said it was from her husband.

The moment she opened it, her eyes popped out looking at her own picture with her husband. It was a simple picture where she was wrapped in his embrace, he was holding her possessively, he had kept his lips on her hairline. She zoomed to see his stretched lips. Her fingers automatically touched her hairline where he had planted his kiss, with a thumping heart.

Her eyes went to the caption given for the photo.

'Our first picture towards us forever and ever and ever...'

For a moment, she could feel his warmth in those words but the next moment, she remembered her confession to his sleepy figure. Her feet automatically turned and led her out of the washroom whereas her vocal cords asked the dumbest question with their own accord.

She was still at her place, she gaped like a fish trying to find words. But his intense eyes made her have some chemical imbalance in her vocal cords and they stopped working. She licked her lower lip as it turned dry all of a sudden. Unable to find an equilibrium between her mental, physical and psychological state she turned, shaking her own head in denial.

Neil had a hard time suppressing his chuckle looking at his innocent wife. The moment she turned, he got up and with quick steps he reached her.

Myra felt his hold over wrist. She could not gather courage to face him.

Neil pulled her back, encircling his hands around her stomach from back. He was quick to reduce any distance between them. When her back crashed with his front, his nostrils were filled with rose vanilla fragrance. His shirt started soaking water dripping from her hairs. He ran his nose tip over her silky wet hairs.

"Ne... Neil" She could hardly mumble his name.

But today his name in her raspy voice made him breathless, he pulled her closer to his body not leaving a space to even air to pass by. He bent to rub his nose over her slender neck.

His strong, possessive hold, his manly scent, his sweet torcher over her neckline and hot breath over her ears compelled her to leave a deep sigh.

"Neil" She kept on mumbling his name, she held his hands which were on her stomach in a tight clutch.

Every time she took his name, he tightened his hold over her.

"Neil please no." she could hardly gasp as she felt his lips over her neck instead of his nose tip.