Chapter - 26

"Hey Neil, what are you doing here? Your teammates are waiting for you." Rohan saw Neil standing in front of auditorium.

"I... I was... I am just heading over there." He fumbled but started leaving from there.

Rohan and Neil met during the Intern School Science Project, Rohan was a student of St. Bishop's school. Even though they both were competing with each other, due to their intellect they got connected in a closely knitted friendship just in two weeks.

"Still no luck with your Nightingale?" Rohan matched his steps with Neil and wrapped hand around his shoulder. "You are head over heels for just her voice."

"Ohh come on Rohan." Neil rolled his eyes. "It's nothing like that... It's just that I like to hear her voice."

"Don't you want to see her face?" Rohan continued in teasing smile when Neil was silent. "She might be a beautiful princess."

"Oh cut the crap."

"Wooh someone is blushing." Rohan teased.

Out of all his friends, it was only Rohan who had got to know about Neil's craziness for his nightingale. Memory surfaced from his teenage years and Neil turned to look at his wife who was sitting besides him holding his son in her embrace. They were heading back towards their Villa after dinner. None of them had courage to voice out their inner turmoil.

"Why are you upset? Your team won the first prize of this competition." Rohan cheered up Neil who was sulked. He was still standing in front of the auditorium. "You will miss your nightingale?"

"It's been 1 month... but I did not get a single glance of her. And now I have to go back to my school."

"Don't worry! I am here. I will keep on looking for her and the moment I will get to know. I will fix your date evening with her."

"That's too much." He shrugged his shoulders disappointingly, "If meeting her is in my destiny then we will meet for sure, else I will keep this with me for the rest of my life as her memory." He showed the recorder to Rohan, "as the most beautiful days of my teenage years."

Neil had blurted out with least hope to meet the girl who stole his heart with just her melodious voice. Her recorded voice became his way to sooth his mind and heart. Whenever he held his violin her blurred angelic figure used to get flashed in front of his closed eyes. His mind and heart always used to wander around her thoughts.

It was a day of musical concert. He did not understand why his heart was suddenly filled with unknown happiness. He was excited to go to the music academy in the evening, but one email from Harvard University about confirmation of his scholarship admission made hime drop his plans. His parents along with his little brother flew from Toronto to meet him and celebrate.

Dev and Nandini were proud over his achievements on their insistence he cancelled his plans to attend Musical Concert unaware that one pair of an eye, one serene heart was looking forward to having his one glance in the evening.

In his celebrations with his family, he ignored his grief. Next day, he left for Toronto along with his parents from where he moved to a new phase of his university life.

Even though he left Calgary behind, her memories, her voice, and the desire to meet her once in his life was still alive. Whenever he was nervous, anxious or in a bad mood, only her voice used to calm his mind and heart, boosting his confidence, bringing smile on his face.

But when Meera stepped in his life, he ran behind a facade leaving behind the treasured memory.

He blinked his eyes when his past flashed in front of his eyes. He turned to get another glance at Myra.