Chapter - 39

"Myra, is she still in the house?" Nandini asked over a video call.

"Hmm." She nodded her head.

"It's been a week over the month period which was given to her. What is she still doing at home?" Nandini's tone turned frustrated. "This is not acceptable. I am going to talk to Neil. What does he think of himself?"

This was the first time Myra did not defend Neil. From the time he had brought Meera to their residence, every time Myra had defended Neil, giving lame excuses to his parents on their outburst but today, she herself was pushed in the pandemonium.

Both talked for some more time, Myra strictly kept their conversation around Neev whereas Nandini took a mental note to have a detailed interrogative session with her son.

"Myra, you are my girl. This is your house. He is your husband. You have the utmost right over him. You need to be strong enough to fight back. You should confront him. He is answerable to you. You should not cover up for his misdeeds. You are his wife. He cannot do any injustice with you. My girl, raise your voice, show him your place in his life and his responsibilities towards you and your marriage." After a call with her mother in law, Myra slumped down on the nearby couch with closed eyes remembering Nandini's words.

Myra came down as Neev woke up, completing his afternoon nap. She prepared chicken nuggets for Neev. She settled down in the dining area to make him feed his afternoon snack when she saw her husband and her sister entering their home. It was almost a week after she was seeing her husband. She had avoided coming face to face with him last week.

Neil was dressed in his regular formal attire. Her husband was busy on the call, he was talking to someone over the call pinching the bridge of his nose and forehead. Myra could see his eyes, they had dark circles indicating his sleepless nights. He had lost his weight as well as his charm. His nose has turned red, telling her about his cold and cough. He was taking deep breaths while talking.

'He looks sick.'' Myra being a doctor could guess from his physical appearance. She felt churning in her stomach looking at his tired face. He loosened his tie slumping down on the living room couch. He was oblivious to his wife's and son's presence in the dining area.

'Neil is busy with office matters.' This was the message Myra has received from Julia. Over the last one week, either he locked himself in study or regular visits to his office. Julia acted as the perfect agent between the two.

Whereas Meera was in a one-shoulder neck black shimmery dress reaching till her knees but the long cut on left side was revealing her thighs giving a perfect sexy look to her slim body. Her lips were stretched in a sly smile while her smokey eyes were not moving from Neil's figure.

'Did these two go out together?' Myra scrunched her forehead, but pang in her heart resulted in glistening her eyes.

"Dadda" Neev screamed his lungs out, breaking the deadly silence of the room. It was after almost a week he was seeing his father.

Neil turned to the voice when his eyes landed on his son and wife. Both were looking at him, one with a smiling face whereas the other one was trying to push back tears forming in her big doe eyes with continuous blinking.

He immediately cut his call and talking long strides he reached to his two precious. His soul was at peace but his heart was thumping inside his ribcage when his eyes landed on them. He gulped heavily, his lips enriched with a bright smile.

"Neev" he picked up his son's arms.

"Dadda, kissie!" Neev asked, widening his eyes.

Neil peppered his face with his kisses, his son giggled in his arms trying to save himself from sweet assault by his father.