Chapter - 32

"Mom, you can't do this?" Neil was bewildered with his mother's recent ask.

"Neil, when you disappoint me... I don't need to..." Nandini's eyes were blazing with fire. Her son's recent doings has raised questions on her upbringing. She was agitated.

"Mom... Mom, please listen to me." Myra tried to intervene. She held Nandini's wrist and made her sit on the nearby couch. She knew she needed to take control of this situation.

"Myra don't defend him like always." Nandini was frustrated by now.

"Myra he can't do this with you. I will not allow him to hurt you." Dev spoke with surety. He turned to his son, "I had already warned you Neil..."

"I trust Neil." Myra's assured voice boomed in their house.

The entire Singhania family became silent with just a sentence from Myra.

She continued giving a light squeeze to Nandini'palm. "We have some outsiders, Mom." She indicated they were discussing their internal family matters in front of Meera.

Hearing Myra, Nandini just passed death glare to Meera with gritted teeth. She was fuming in anger.

Myra got up from her seat and faced Meera. "Meera, please... please go to your room. This is something about MY FAMILY." She purposefully stressed.

Meera clenched her fist so tight that her nails must have left their mark on her skin. Her sister has openly addressed her as a stranger, showing her true place in their life and house. Meera took it as an insult.

She could not not believe her twin sister's words and Singhania's silence over them. Her twin was successful in quietening down each and every Singhania with just her one sentence, especially Nandini Singhania.

Once upon a time Meera was in the good books of Nandini Singhania, For sure, she was able to impress her with her to such an extent that a lady like Nandini Singhania forced her beloved son to marry her. But, even then Meera never had any upper hand over Nandini... not only Nandini but Dev Singhania as well. She was their son's beloved wife and daughter in law of the powerful and influential Singhania family, but then also she could never enjoy supremacy over them anytime during her married days with Neil.

But her little twin, has gained it effortlessly within just 10 months of her forceful marriage with her ex-husband gave a major blow to Meera's mindset.

"Meera I think, I said something... please leave us alone for sometime." Her sister's authoritative tone broke her train of thoughts. She nodded her head before turning and walking back to her room.

"Wow, my own parents don't trust me." Neil mumbled in audible to any one while ruffling his hair.

"Mom, please. Please listen to us. Dad, you too please." Myra requested she was back on the couch besides Nandini.

"Neil, how could you do this? This girl sitting here is the one who brought you out of darkness. Because of her, I am getting my lost son back and you... you again brought that bitch in this house. How cruel are you?." Nandini pointed to Myra firing daggers at her son.

"You again disappointed me son." Dev shook his head.

"Mom, Dad you both are getting this wrong. Neil is doing this for us. Trust me." Myra again tried to convince.

"That bitch is in this house... who destroyed everything and you are referring to my brother is doing this for your betterment? Come on Myra, are you hearing yourself?" This time Niren spoke up, earning death glare from his elder brother.

"Niren you too?" Neil was stunned when he did not receive any support from his younger brother as well.

"Mom, you remember once you had said. Me and Neil are very good as Neev's parents but I need to remind Neil that apart from being his son's mother... I am his wife as well?" Myra took a deep breath before speaking out loud. She knew it's going to be a long convincing session with her in-laws.