-Chapter four-

In your car, you bobbed your head along to the music, enjoying the tune of Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne now entering your ears. You pulled up to your apartment complex and exited your car.

Entering your apartment, you were suddenly hit with a wave of tiredness, and you yawned, stretching your arms out. You threw your bag next to your bed, took off your hat and face planted on your comfy mattress. Not even bothering to get changed out of your uniform, sleep slowly took over your body and you drifted off to sleep.

Suddenly, you jolted awake to the sound of your house phone ringing. You groaned into your pillow, and waited out the phone call, but the ringing was piercing your ear drums. You checked the time to see it was 11am so you had a good 5 hour nap. You slowly ascended from your bed and stretched, then left your room. Dragging your feet, you headed into the hall and picked up the house phone.

"Hello?" you spoke, annoyed, with a raspy voice. "Uh hello! Y/N is it?" the guy from last night exclaimed cheerily. "Oh uh, yeah hi, it's Y/N" you stated, standing a little bit straighter. "Have I..just woken you?" he said, guilt lacing in his voice. You stayed quiet for a second, then replied "Yeah..uh yeah, you did, but don't worry about it i'll be fine" you rubbed the bridge of your nose. You heard kids cheering in the background. Someone must be having a party.

"Oh I'm sorry about that, really! But uh, is it alright if I ask a favour?" he questioned, still sounding guilty. "Yeah it's okay, don't sweat it. And yeah, what's the favour?" you asked, a bit intrigued. "Well uh, one of our day shift guards has been fired for uh..reasons, so uhh, is it alright if you work the day shift as well as the night shift?" the man asked, hope now in his voice. You pursed your lips. You were already tired enough with the night shift.

"I dunno man.." you slowly spoke. You heard kids singing from the other end of the phone in the background. He stayed quiet for a second as though thinking of what to convince you with. "We'll raise your pay check by 50%" he confidently spoke. "Please, Y/N?" he pleaded. That did it for you, if you were given the opportunity to earn more money, it was an offer you just couldn't turn down. "Alright then, I'll do it. What time do I start?" you replied, sighing, leaning on the wall.

You could basically hear his eyes widen with joy. "Great! Uh, your day shift starts at 9am till 5pm, and obviously your night shift is midnight till 6am the following morning. Also, the day shift job is only temporary until we find someone to take over for you, then you can go back to your original job on the night shift. I've been taking over your shift so far because this is obviously short notice for you, uhh so i'll meet you when you get here!" he said happily.

"Alrighty then, and yep, i'll be there as soon as possible. Cya" you stated and then hung up once you heard him say goodbye. You then groaned when you realised you didn't even get changed out of your uniform, so it's all creased. You brushed your hair, put on your security cap, put on some perfume so you smelled nice, grabbed your bag and your purse then left, not even bothering to grab some breakfast or a coffee. You got in your car and drove to the pizzeria.

Once you entered the building, the place was flooded with a sea of children, loud cheering and music nearly bursting your ear drums. You were slightly surprised it was this busy after only being reopened recently. Looks like a lot of people were for it opening. Maybe reopening this place wasn't the worst idea.

You sighed, then you met eyes with a security guy. His eyes widened and immediately rushed over to you. "Hi! You must be Y/N, we spoke over the phone, and I just realised I haven't introduced myself, I'm Scott" he greeted, holding his hand out for you to shake. "Yep, that's me. Nice to meet you Scott!" you answered, taking his hand and shaking it.

"C'mon" he jerked his head behind him, and started walking, leading you to the office. "There are a set of lockers in the office just behind where you sit, you can pop your belongings in there. No kids are allowed in the office anyway, so don't worry" he claimed, and you nodded. You opened the middle locker, threw your bag inside, then shut it thinking of a safe code, then dialled it in, locking it. Scott started walking down the hall, so you trailed along.

"Uhh, help yourself to any food or drinks" he offered. "But, uh, basically just don't let the kids get too close to the animatronics or into pirate cove, as it is out of order, and obviously don't let them into the office either" he started, stopping at the end of the hall.

"The only person accompanying you would be Dave, he's over there" he continued, then pointed out a man in the crowd, maybe in his mid-forties, with brown shaggy hair, who was taking a kid down from the stage. He was wearing the same uniform as you, just beige instead of purple. You nodded along to everything Scott was saying.

"Uh, question" you said. Scott gestured for you to continue. "What shifts do you work? As you've managed to record me a message last night" you asked, curious. "Ah, well, now you have the day shift, we kind of alternate" he started.

"You work from 9am to 5pm, then I take over your shift at 5pm till 11pm" he explained. "I record your messages on my night shift, I just do the tasks you do, only at different times obviously. Then the janitors come when I leave, and then that's when you take over from midnight till 6, when the pizzeria opens again" he continued. You blinked blankly, trying to process all the information. "Then I take over from 6am till 9am, when your day shift starts" he explained.

That kind of went through one ear and out of the other, as it was a lot for you to comprehend with so many times, but you slowly understood. "It's like a cycle" he chuckled. You forced a chuckle and just nodded along.

"But, uh, that's everything!" he concluded. "I'll be off now. Have fun!" he smiled and strolled out the building. "Fabulous" you sarcastically muttered to yourself as you looked around at all the kids having fun, and then the grouchy parents who were either reading a newspaper or magazine, watching their kids, or chatting with other parents. "At least i'm being payed extra" you mumbled to yourself. Sighing, you headed over to the kitchen, got a Coke from the vending machine, then got to work.

Standing and observing.

—————————————-
A/N

I feel like this chapter is a little boring,
but I would say it's an important one.

Guess who Dave is 😋😋

Also, again, if i've made any mistakes, don't be afraid to let me know!

Don't forget to vote and have a great day my lovelies!
<3