-Chapter seventeen-

TW: injuries

———————————

You stayed at home for the next couple of days, and you recovered quickly, so you returned to work. You didnt even mind going back, you got to see your friends and you got a good pay check. You were still a tad bit worried about the psycho child murderer wandering around.

You went to sleep early that night, at exactly 8:00pm so you wouldnt be late on your first day back, plus you loved sleep and your bed.

Once you awoke from your peaceful slumber the next morning, you got yourself a coffee and then got dressed. Your hand still had a bandage on, seems though it was stabbed all the way through and will take its time to fully heal.

What's embarrassing though, is that when you take the bandage off, theres gonna be a big hole in the centre of your hand. You guessed so, anyway. You still also had a few small cuts on your face here and there, and a big scar along your jawline. You thought it made you look a bit badass though.

You grabbed your bag, flipped your security hat on your head, then left for work for what felt like the first time in forever.

Once you pulled up outside the restaurant, your drummed your fingers gently on the steering wheel and bit the inside of your cheek. You were menatlly preparing yourself for all the attention your going to recieve today after the 'traumatic incident' you had. You got very anxious when you were the centre of attention, you didnt like it.

You grabbed your bag then left your car, slamming the door shut. Before you knew it, you were in front of the glass doors. Taking a deep breath, you made your way inside.

You were met with the loud cheer of kids at the sight of the new and improved animatronics, and the smell of pizza slowly entered your nostrills. As you strolled to the office, a few parents were eyeing you because of your injuries, a few looked sympathetic.

A few of your co-workers stopped you on your way, saying stuff like "im so sorry to hear what happened" "hope your alright" "you didnt deserve that" and all that jazz. You replied with a "thank you" or just nodded your head and gave a weak smile.

You sighed as you threw your bag in your locker and headed back out. You grabbed your daily can of Coke, leaned against the wall, and observed your surroundings.

The toy animatronics were on the main stage, Mangle was in pirate cove, the curtains open for what seemed like ages to you, and Puppet's box was near the arcades, she was giving kids candy while they were drawing pictures of her. The kids seemed to love the new designs. You suppose they are more kid friendly, but nobody is better then the originals.

It was 3 hours into your shift and surprisingly, nobody else were giving you their sympathy. You didn't care. You didn't like the attention.

Taking a sip from your Coke, you heard banging behind you, but it was far away. You turned around and saw nothing so you shrugged it off.

You heard it again, like someone was banging on a door. You suddenly started overthinking that a kid got trapped in the parts and service room, so you picked yourself up from the wall and walked over.

The door wouldn't budge. It was locked. Unless it was stuck. Then that's when you saw the padlock. You quickly swiped the keys from your managers office when he wasn't in, and unlocked the door.

Pushing the door open, you were met with the sight of your friends, but no trapped child. The animatronics were spread out along the room, stood up this time, whilst Foxy was banging on the door previously to try and escape.

All of their faces lit up once they locked eyes with you. You shut the door behind you. "Hey" you spoke, smiling.

"Goldie told us what happened. Are you alright?" Freddy said. "Yeah, we were so worried about you" Chica's voice was soft.

"Yes, i'm okay now, just still a little shaken" you bit the inside of your cheek. You tried to change the subject. You didn't wanna talk about this right now. "So..why were you banging on the door?"

"We're trapped in here. We wanna see what's goin' on, because by the looks of it, the restaurant is open" said Foxy

You furrowed your brows. Didn't they know they had been replaced officially? Goldie didn't tell them? She might not have for a reason, but you can't let them stay in the dark forever. Speaking of Goldie, she was actually no where in sight.

"Uhh about that..you have been replaced, like, officially. The toy animatronics are on stage performing as we speak.." you trailed off. They all suddenly looked glum.

"Well, I mean we knew it was gonna happen eventually, but..what are they gonna do with us?" Bonnie scratched behind his ear.

You pursed your lips, then sighed. "I'm not gonna bother to sugarcoat it, so, they're basically gonna leave you here and use you for spare parts" you blurted out. Bonnie and Foxy groaned in unison, Chica sighed and closed her eyes and Freddy just stood there staring at the floor with his arms folded.

"I was not expecting that" Chica spoke truthfully, and by the looks of it, neither did anyone else, including you. "Yeah, me either, I thought they were gonna make a separate stage for them and make Foxy share with Mangle or something" you shrugged.

They all nodded as if they were thinking the same idea. "Well, uh, it was nice to see you guys again. I'm sorry you got replaced, really, but, I have to get back to work" you sighed, giving them a sad look.

"Don't worry about it. We're sorry about what happened to you too. We'll be here if you need us" Chica put a hand on your shoulder, and the others gave you reassuring smile.

"Thank you" you returned the smile, then turned around and left the room, shutting the door behind you.

While you were walking back to the main area, you saw Dave stumble into the pizzeria. You furrowed your brows and check the time, to be 11:31am, so he was 2 and a half hours late. You couldn't help but wonder why.

You strolled up to him. "Uh hey man. Where you been?" you questioned, putting your hands in your pockets. "Uh..just family stuff" he looked taken aback from your approach, then quickly pushed passed you and knocked your wounded shoulder, making you wince. It was if almost he did it on purpose. He didn't apologise either, he just hurried off to the office.

Your theories about him might be coming true, and it scared you.

Little did you know, Dave stayed up last night trying to figure out another plan to kill you. He tried to think of all the possibilities on where he could kill you, without being seen. He had noticed that the animatronics had taken a liking to you, so they would help you if he tried to murder you in front of them.

He had to gain your trust, then lure you somewhere, then kill you. That was his brief plan at the moment, he just needed more time.

—————————————
A/N

Woo i posted!

I've been really busy with school, i've had a bunch of tests this week and i have another 2 later on today, and i have a mock exam in a few weeks i have to revise for. yay.

but don't worry, i will try to post a chapter as much as i can!

Thank you so much for 2.50k+ reads! I'm forever thankful!

that's all from me today!
-ava<3