-Chapter nineteen-

TW: mentions of death, minor searing

———————————

You pulled up outside of Freddy's, ready for your night shift. You were 7 minutes late because you were stuck in traffic, but it doesnt really matter. It's not like they were gonna stuff you in an empty Freddy costume.

You pushed open the doors, Dr Pepper in hand. You were met with the sight of the toy animatronics happily conversing with one another, but the originals were nowhere to be seen. You kept forgetting that they've been replaced now.

"Hi guys" you smiled "Hey Y/N!" they all returned the smile. You headed towards the office and set your stuff down underneath the desk, not bothering to mess about with opening and locking your locker. Before heading back out, you heard small chatter coming from the segregated Parts and Service room.

You opened the door to see the originals. "Hey guys" you leaned against the door frame. "Hey" they all said in unison. "Why dont you come out into the main room?" you asked, pointing a thumb over your shoulder, gesturing to the stage. "We were just waiting for you" Goldie unfolded her arms and walked out with you, the others following persuit.

By the time you went back, Puppet was out of her box and had joined the Toy animatronics on the stage. They were all sat down on the edge, Puppet stood in front of them. You sat on the party table in front of them and you all broke out into small chatter.

This is what you liked. Being around your friends that you love dearly, and just talking about whatever. You pondered on telling them about what went down earlier, but you didnt want them to worry even more. Goldie would flip shit and just snap his neck already. You might only tell them the part where you know who their killer was. They would all be very grateful.

"Earth to Y/N.." Fritz..sorry, Foxy, clicked his fingers in front of your face, snapping you out of your thoughts. "Sorry..what were we talking about?" you blinked. "You sure do like zoning out a lot" Chica giggled "You good?"

"Yeah, yeah im fine" you smiled. You werent gonna tell them yet. Not now. You didnt wanna ruin this perfect moment.

Later on, you were in the kitchen with Goldie. "So your telling me you cant taste at all?" You opened your second can of Dr Pepper tonight. "Nope. Like I said for the last 48 times, I cant taste food or drink. I am a literal robot, Y/N" she folded her arms.

"I wanna see for myself" you persisted "What do you mean?" she had a look of concern on her face. "Drink this" you held out your can of Dr Pepper to her. "You are so stubborn" she rolled her eyes. You pouted. She sighed "Fine, only to prove my point though" She took the can from you "Yayyyy" you cheered like a little kid.

She took a sip and you watched with anticipation. "Wait a minute" she had another look of concern on her face. "What? What is it?" your eyes widened a little. "Theres no way.." she said in disbelief. "You can taste it?" you had a goofy grin on your face.

"No, im messing with you" her face turned sarcastically serious, then she chuckled. Your grin vanished and you groaned. "So not funny" She gave the Dr Pepper back to you. "It was to me. Proving it to your stubborn ass was the best part" she playfully nudged your arm. You both laughed.

After your laughing died down, you spoke up. "Hey Goldie, I need to tell you something" Her smile turned to a serious look after seeing your expression, and the softness in your voice "What is it Y/N?"

You sighed "The man who killed you, I know who he is. I know who did it. The one hiding behind the rabbit mask" You couldnt read her expression. At all. Her face was just blank, so you continued.

"I found it on a newspaper article I saw from 1973" you paused. "Show me this article" she commanded. You took the crumpled up paper out of your pocket, flattened it out, and gave it to her.

"Its him" You pointed out Dave, well, William. "Its Dave, you know that middle aged brunette man with silver eyes that I work with? Well his actual name is William Afton. Turns out hes been the child murderer this whole time" you explained to her.

"When and where did you find this?" she asked, not taking her eyes away from the paper. "Today, when I was heading back home, and at..the side of the road" you half lied.

"Are you sure this is him?" she looked up at you this time "Positive. Dave looks exactly like him. It does make a lot of sense. William Afton was a suspect when you guys were killed, so he probably changed his name to Dave to save his ass. Plus, the other times i've come across him in the rabbit suit, he sounds a lot like Dave, plus he had the same silver eyes as Dave does" you felt like a detective.

Goldie stayed quiet, trying to process what you said. "I believe you" she nodded. "Im very grateful you found him for us. The others will be very thankful too" she gave you a soft smile. "Its the bare minimum. I've wanted to avenge you guys for so long" you stared into her pupils.

"What makes me uneasy, is that you've been working alongside him this whole time. Everyday, your at even more of a chance to be killed. And now that we know its this guy, you have got to be super careful. Stay as far away from him as you can. I dont want you getting hurt again. Please" she took your hand in hers.

You smiled at how caring shes being "Of course, Goldie. Do me a favour too" She nodded, gesturing for you to continue. "Don't worry about me. Im strong, and I know what im doing" you squeezed her hand gently.

She pulled you in for a hug, you hugged her back. You suddenly felt like crying. It might not have looked like it, but you were really scared. Goldie was right. You were at an even more of a chance of being killed, and death was your greatest fear.

On the bright side, you had a group of 7 foot animatronics to protect you, and he was no match against them. You had to stay strong. You didnt want to seem weak for the next time he tried to kill you.

You wanted to defeat him.

You wanted to kill him.

You will kill him. Once and for all.

———————————
A/N

2 chapters in a day?! OMG

you guys deserve it, from how inactive i've been LMAO

again, thank you so much for reading my story! it means a lot 💗

anyways, that's all from me!
-ava<3