-Chapter five-

TW: death, gore/blood, minor swearing

————————————

So far, working the day shift has been a nightmare. Kids jumping on the stage, throwing stuff on the animatronics, going into pirates cove, and you actually saw two 10 year olds nearly get in a fist fight, but obviously you had to stop them, no matter how entertaining it would've been.

Dave, the guy who works day shift with you, you have noticed is strangely familiar, but you couldn't quite pin down from where you have seen his face from. You also picked up on his mood. His form was always slouched, bags under his eyes and always grouchy when speaking to you, or just anyone. You didn't blame him though, small kids had that effect on you too. You noticed Scott wasn't around either. He must not work when you do.

There was also a new animatronic coming in today, apparently. From what you saw, there was a big blue box with a purple stripe along it, like it was a jack in the box but like 5 times bigger. You couldn't get a good look on the inside until the guys sending it in went away. You lifted up the top to see a weird puppet thing, it had a skinny body, black with white stripes on its arms and legs and three buttons on its chest. It's face was the freakiest. It had a white face, black eyes with no pupils, not yet anyway, it was like it was asleep, a wide gaping mouth and purple streams coming from its eyes, like they were somewhat tears. You quickly shut the lid, no longer wanting to look at its face.

The clock finally struck 5pm, and you grabbed your belongings and rushed out immediately, wanting to go to bed.

You drove home, forcing your eyes open from lack of sleep. "This job is reallyyy gonna mess up my sleep schedule.." you mumbled under your breath. Once you got inside your apartment, checking the time as 5:12 pm, you went straight to your bedroom, this time bothering to take your uniform off and change into something comfy. You set an alarm for 11:30pm, then jumped into bed to try and catch some sleep.

A few hours later, your alarm went off, so you arose from your bed and headed to the kitchen to make yourself a coffee. You changed into your uniform and brushed your hair, then made yourself a sandwich because you were starving. Now you were finally energised.

It was quite chilly outside, so you put on your favourite leather jacket. You grabbed your purse, bag and car keys, then left for your night shift.

Pulling up to the pizzeria, you checked the time to be 11:57, so you made it just in time. You rushed into the building, the warmth immediately making you at ease. You walked casually to the office, but you had an uneasy feeling that someone was watching you. You stopped waking. Turning around, the sight of the animatronics cold eyes, dead on you made you a bit uncomfortable. You gulped, and sped walked into the office.

You plopped yourself down on the leather chair, taking off your bag, throwing it under the desk because you couldn't be bothered to mess about putting it in your locker. You shrugged off your jacket, draping it along the back of the chair.

Checking the time, it was 12am on the dot, so you waited for the phone call, as it usually rings at bang on midnight. 10 minutes passed. You were getting a bit worried, but your worry washed away as the sound of a phone ringing entered your ears.

You pressed the speaker button and let it play. "Err, hello? Hello! Uhh..well if your hearing this, you made it to day two! Uh, congrats!" Scott spoke.

You smiled at this, feeling proud of yourself. He continued speaking. "I-I won't talk quite as long this time since Freddy and his friends tend to become more active as the week progresses"

"You gotta be kidding me.." you groaned, throwing your head back against the chair. Sure, you were quite fond of this job, but you were closer and closer to death every night, and death was your greatest fear. Second from clowns.