-Chapter eight-

TW: mentions of death, smoking?

————————————

Once you arrived at your apartment, you tossed your bag in the corner of your room and threw yourself under the covers of your warm bed, and had a one hour nap.

When you woke back up, you headed for the kitchen and made yourself bacon and eggs. Once you sat down, food in front of you, you practically inhaled it you were that hungry. You watched your favourite show for a while, until it was time to head back out to work again.

You brushed your H/L H/C hair, sprayed on some perfume and brushed your teeth. You slid your arms through your leather jacket, threw you bag over your shoulder then left your apartment, strolling towards your car.

You started up the ignition and drove once again to your job. This was like an endless cycle. Like a loop. Wake up, go to work, come home, go back to work, come back home, eat, sleep and repeat.

———————————-

You stepped into pizzeria, the loud cheer coming from the children entering your ears. You trudged to the office and threw your bag in your locker, locking it back up, then went to one of the vending machines and got a coke.

Sipping on your coke, you leaned against the cold wall and observed your surroundings, making sure there was no mischief, which was surprising coming from you because you were always one to be a troublemaker.

Your eyes landed on Dave, your co-worker, to see him looking as tired as ever. You saw him pull a cigarette packet out of his pocket and take one out of the box. As he lighted it, you swiftly walked over and swiped the death stick from his lips.

"Hey!" he grumbled at you. "Come on. Your in a kids restaurant for God's sake" you rolled your eyes, putting out the lit end and flicked it in the trash. "Whatever" he sighed and leaned against the wall. You did the same, standing next to him, looking around.

You felt a little bit awkward not talking. He was your co-worker, and you wanted to at least converse with him every time you worked, or it would be boring. "Sooo..how long have you been working here?" you questioned, turning your head to the older male, making small talk.

He stayed silent for a second, taken slightly aback that you were speaking to him. "Around ten years" he didn't look at you. "Cool, cool.." you nodded, turning your head away from him.

Things were silent for a moment again, until he spoke up. "Apparently, you were the one who found those dead kids in the back room the other night?" he asked. "Uhh..yeah, that-that's right" you gulped, looking down. "Well, another one bites the dust.." you heard him mutter under his breath, hoping you that you didn't hear.

"What?" you turned your head to him. He cleared his throat quickly. "Uhh, it's a real shame what happened. Can't believe you had to stumble upon them too. Real unfortunate.." he spoke the last 2 sentences through gritted teeth, slightly clenching his fists.

You gulped, eyes widened a little. "Yeah, it was.." you stated. "I'll, uh, catch ya later man" you walked away from him, and heard him utter a "cya". You bit the inside of your cheek, thinking back on your conversation. That was awfully suspicious. The way he said it, the way he uttered under his breath, the way he acted and how he didn't look you in the eye either.

Could it be?

No.

You were thinking way too much into this. It's probably just a coincidence.