-Chapter twenty-

TW: swearing, mentions of death

————————————

The clock hit 6am and you bid your friends farewell, as you left and drove back to your apartment. Goldie said she would tell the others about the new information, because she knows how awkward you can be when your telling people a serious story and all the attention is on you.

You repeated your daily routine. Short nap, coffee, snack, and back to work. You were more nervous about going to work today, now that you found out Dave was a serial killer, you had to be very careful.

You pulled up outside of the restaurant at bang on 9am. You strolled up to the glass doors, rolled your shoulders back, quickly regretting it due to your injury, and put on your best acting skills.

Pushing open the door, you saw Dave instantly, having a deep conversation with one of your co-workers. You furrowed your brows at the sight. You never thought he was the type to have heart felt conversations with someone. Shrugging it off, you headed to the office. You also noticed a gash on his arm. That was the exact same spot you slashed his arm yesterday, so that's even more proof he was the killer.

After putting your stuff in the office, you were about to head back until you heard a- "psst" you whipped your head around to see Goldie's head poking out of the Parts and Service door.

"Goldie? I thought they kept this door locked" you kept your voice low to avoid drawing the attention of any inquisitive kids. "I guess they forgot" she shrugged. "Anyways, come over here" she gestured you to come inside.

You looked around quickly, then slipped in the room when the coast was clear. "Whats the matter?" you asked, closing the door behind you. "Its about Dave-" before she finished, you groaned throwing your head back in annoyance. She gave you a 'are you serious?' look. "Ahem, sorry. Proceed" you straightened your posture.

"Anyways, he's acting super strange already" she continued. "I literally just got here, how are you so sure?" you folded your arms. "I see everything" she dragged on the last word exaggeratedly.

You chuckled "What was he doing, anyway?" She hestitated for a second. "He arrived at work, literally as soon as you left and was acting all cheery and happy when the pizzeria opened. He greeted all the guests with a smile and bid them a good day. It was so weird, I thought I felt vomit rising at the back of my throat" she had a look of disgust on her face.

"Now, that is weird" you agreed. She nodded. "Not the Dave thing, the fact that you thought you were going to be sick" you now had a look of disgust on your face. She sighed and rolled her eyes "Cut it out" You cleared your throat "Sorry"

"Maybe he's planned out his next murder so well, he's acting so happy?" you shrugged. "Could be. If he tries sweet talking you into going anywhere, dont go" she put emphasis on the last two words.

"Dont worry, im not that gullible" you said

Goldie gave you an uncertain look. You paused for a sec. "Okay, at least n-not anymore" you tried to reason.

"Ew, did I just stutter..." you said to yourself, trailing off and looking ashamed.

"Alrighttt" Goldie said obnoxiously loudly, for you to snap out of it. You cleared your throat again "Dont fall for his sweet talking, dont go anywhere with him, put on your best acting skills. Got it" you ticked off an imaginary list on your hand.

"Good" Goldie nodded "Be safe" she said as you headed back to the door. "Dont worry goldielocks, I got this" you gave her a snarky grin, and left the room, shutting the door behind you.

You headed back into the main room and got your daily can of Coke. You cracked open the can, which seemed to have caught Dave's attention as he headed towards you. "Shit" you mumbled almost inaudibly. You acted like you didnt notice him as he stood next to you.

"Hey Y/N" he said with a smile. You looked at him with a surprised look "Someones cheery today" you chuckled. "Yeah, well. Was just in a good mood I guess" he chuckled too. "How lovely" you forced a smile. He nodded in agreement.

You took a sip of your drink. Now things just got awkward as you both just stood there. "Hey, I completely forgot to tell you, but the boss has asked me to go pick up this new animatronic from this place about 10 minutes away. Do you wanna come with me?" he asked nicely. It was weird.

Aha, you thought, that's where he messed up. You could easily just say 'no'. But if he had said 'the boss insisted you to come with me' then he might've won. Plus, you knew exactly what he was talking about. Fredbear's family diner was 10 minutes away from here, you drive past it on your way back home.

And the 'new animatronic' thing was a trap. Well, there were animatronics there, you thought he would use the yellow bear robot as a trap to make you believe it was new. If that makes sense.

"Oh, I would if I could, but the boss has told me to do a shit ton of jobs today, and it would just make me fall behind, sorry" you faked a look of disappointment.

His face faltered, as he bit the inside of his cheek as if with frustration. His mask slipped for a split second, but covered it up with a fake smile. "No worries, I understand"

You nodded. It was then quiet between the both of you again. You prayed that something happened so that you wouldnt have to stay in this awkward place anymore.

It was like God answered your prayers, as a kid tried to climb up on the stage. You used this as an excuse to get away. "Gotta run. Duty calls" you saluted and hurried off.

You let out a shaky sigh "Fucking hell what have I got myself into..." you said under your breath.

-Timeskip-

Your shift had ended, and you headed out to the car park. You got your keys out of your pocket and struggled getting the right one, until you dropped them. "Fuck, why am I so clumsy recently" you cursed.

You crouched down to pick them up, but noticed something under your car. You didnt know what it was, but it certainly wasnt part of your car as it was flashing red. You plucked it off hesitantly, and stood up straight to examine it.

It was a tracker.

You gulped and looked around the car park. Dave's car was still there, luckily he wasnt in it, as he was finishing a few things off inside the restaurant.

"How did the fucker get his hands on one of these?" you were so confused. He must have gone to some dodgy place to get this. You purposefully dropped the tracker and stomped on it with your thick Doc Martens. You smiled victoriously and got into your car.

You had an idea. You got a pen out of your pocket and wrote down his number plate on your hand. For safety reasons, obviously, plus your memory was almost terrible.

You saw Dave's outline in the glass doors. Your eyes widened, then you turned on the ignition and zoomed out of the parking lot, running over the tracker once more.

On your way home was when you were really thinking deep into that situation. If you hadnt have dropped your keys, you wouldve never have found that tracker, then he would have followed you home and probably mutilated you in your sleep.

That was really lucky.

————————————
A/N

i didn't really have any ideas for this chapter so i made it up as i went along LMFAO. sorry if it's boring.

don't get a cold guys, it's a BITCH.
IM SUFFERING 🤬🤬

that's all from me!
-ava<3