-Chapter twenty two-

TW: minor swearing, mentions of death

—————————

Once your shift ended, you went home and went straight to sleep. You didnt have to worry about oversleeping since the boss had stopped you from working the day shift, so now you get to have a nice lay in.

You awoke from your slumber at 12:39pm. You widened your eyes a little, but you weren't surprised. You were so tired last night, and you slept like a baby. You yawned, stretching your arms over your head, and forced yourself out of bed. You made yourself a cup of coffee, swirling the dark hot liquid around your mug.

You pondered on what you should do today. Go shopping? Nah, you didn't exactly need anything to buy anyway. Binge watching your favourite show with a shit ton of snacks was your current solution. Lucky for you, you didnt need to go out for the snacks since they were sitting in your cupboard, waiting to be eaten.

But before you could do any of that, you left your jacket at the pizzeria last night. You groaned when you remembered, not really wanting to go back, but you could maybe say hey to the others on the way.

You checked yourself in the mirror. You were wearing an oversized shirt that basically swallowed you whole, and some joggers, your hair in a messy, low ponytail. You slipped on your converse, grabbed your car keys, and headed back off to the pizzeria. 

You waltzed in acting like you owned the place, and immediately went to the office, avoiding the crowd of kids. Lucky for you, your jacket was still draped over the back of the office swivel chair. You grinned, and slid into it, zipping it up because it was surprisingly cold.

Walking out of the office, you saw Dave. Except..he was in that suit. Well, his back was facing you. Of fucking course. Did this really need to happen now? You quickly went back in the office before he could spot you, and ducked underneath the office window.

You actually didnt have chance to see what he was actually doing. When he came into your vision, you cautiously made your way under the desk, so that you were no longer visible because thats how damn dull the light bulb is in the office.

It seemed like he was talking to someone while walking backwards as if..luring somebody. For fuck sake, you internally cursed. He backed into the parts and service room, a young boy, who must've been under the age of 10, following him.

You started to panic a little, especially when they both submerged into the room and the door slammed behind them. Screw this - you thought. You dashed out of the office and swung open the parts and service room door.

Dave-no, William, was about to reveal a knife, you guessed, from behind his back as the kid watched with anticipation. They both snapped their heads towards you.

"Hey kid, didn't your mom ever tell you to never speak to strangers especially follow them into a mysterious room alone?" you put a hand on the kids shoulder, and spoke with a firm voice.

"Y-yeah, she did b-but-" he stuttered. "No buts, cmon you're mom's probably worried sick" you interrupted. You steered him away from William and out of the room, his head hanging low in shame. As you were about to leave with him, you stuck out your middle finger and smirked cockily at the rabbit, who had turned red with fury, then slammed the door dramatically as you left.

You stopped the kid halfway down the corridor, and squatted down to his height. "Hey, if you ever see that rabbit again, do not go near him. He is very dangerous. Sorry if it sounded like I was being harsh, but I just wanted to keep you safe" your features were relaxed your voice was soft.

The boy blinked, then nodded in understanding. "Thank you miss. I wont go near him again" A small smile crept up on your lips "Good" you stood back up and he walked back to his mom.

Once he was out of sight, you looked back towards the door, your smile turned into a serious look.

This needed to stop.

You were gonna kill him.

Tonight.

Dave was assigned to stay behind after hours tonight to do a restock on pizzas, soda, candy, plushies, make sure the arcades were functioning properly, etc. The boss usually stays until 9:30pm and Dave would still be working way after he left, so that would be the perfect time for you to kill him. 

You turned back around and headed out of the building. Once you were back at your apartment, you started thinking. Thinking about how you were gonna finish this. Thinking about how you were gonna avenge your friends.

Thinking about the look on his face once he realised he was gonna be defeated, and it made you laugh out loud.

Then, you thought of an idea. An ingenious idea.

The downside was, it could all go terribly wrong. But, you had to go with your gut.

-Timeskip-

It was 9:32pm, you were all ready in your uniform and your backpack over your shoulder. You swiped your car keys from the counter and drove off to the pizzeria.

You werent gonna lie, you were extremely nervous. Your hands were shaking as you were holding on to the steering wheel. You took a few deep breaths in and out. You didnt wanna show up, wanting to murder him, but look like you were gonna faint from shock.

You didnt want to look weak.

You pulled up outside the pizzeria and thought through your plan for the umpteenth time today.

This could go exactly how you planned it out to be, or just all go to shit.

You got out of your car and swiftly walked towards the building, stopping in front of the glass doors.

Its now or never.

—————————————
A/N

hey guys, sorry i've been inactive, i've just had a rough few weeks, but don't worry, its getting better. i think.

aaaaand also i've been reading the Bungo Stray Dogs manga...and obsessing over Chuuya and Nikolai and Kunikida and Yosano and Dazai and Tachihara. they are my main obsessions at the minute. if you've read it or watched the anime, I LOVE YOU!

(no manga spoilers pls, i haven't finished reading it)

ive had a good idea on how to finish the book. i think y'all will like it. i think.

that's all from me!
-ava<3