-Chapter eleven-

TW: mentions of death, minor swearing

—————————————

Once you got home from work, you immediately poured yourself a cup of coffee by how fatigued you were. You wouldn't be surprised if you had terrible eye bags based off of lack of sleep. You were right, this job really did mess up your sleep schedule.

You were considering persuading your manager into starting your day shift later in the day, like 1pm or something, just to give you a break. You can remember Scott telling you about the manager you hadn't actually met yet, he was a grouchy person who was currently going through a divorce, so he was a tough cookie.

You walked over to the couch and plopped yourself down with your coffee, putting on your favourite show. About 10 minutes in, you nodded off to sleep without realising.

———————————

You were woken up by your landline ringing. You jolted awake and accidentally gave yourself whiplash by how quick you sat up, making your head ache. Groaning, you picked yourself up from the couch, trudging over to the phone and picking it up.

"Hello?" you grumbled, pinching the bridge of your nose. "Y/N where the fuck are you?" you heard the sound of Dave's deep voice sounding through the phone. "Dave? How did you get my number?" you questioned, ignoring him. "Scott gave it to me. Anyway, where the hell are you?" he replied, as if taken aback by your question. "At home...why?" you scratched your head.

"Your shift started 3 hours ago!" he exclaimed. You straightened your posture, eyes slightly widening, checking the clock to be 12:07pm. "Shit! I overslept, i'll be there as soon as possible" you rushed, and hung up before he could get another word out. You completely forgot about your job for a good few minutes. You quickly made yourself another cup of coffee and downed it all in one go, the hot substance stinging your throat, just to be extra energised.

"Shit shit shit shit shit" you cursed under your breath, hurrying around for your things. Jacket, hat, bag, purse, keys. As soon as you were ready, you rushed out of your apartment and ran to your car.

You made it to the pizzeria in 5 minutes, when it was usually a 15 minutes drive, going way over the speeding limit. As you marched along the car park to the restaurant, you were actually worried if your manager was told about how late you were. If he did find out, you were literally praying to the Gods he wouldn't fire you.

Opening the glass doors, your eyes scanned your surroundings. You couldn't locate Scott. Your theory was correct then, he must've been killed. You expression went glum. It was so unfortunate, he was such a lovely guy.

Dave interrupted your thoughts as you heard him call your name. He looked annoyed, luckily not too angry, and had his arms crossed. "I had to do the majority of the shift so far on my own and it's been a pain in my ass. Some kid vomited on the floor, I slipped on some Pepsi and another kid bit me when I tried to get him off of the stage" he lifted up his sleeve and showed you the red bite marks on his arm, making you wince for him.

"Your lucky I didn't snitch on you to the manager. You owe me big time" he folded his arms again, pulling down his sleeve. "I know, I know" you sighed and held up your hands. "In my defence, I overslept. This job really messes up my sleep schedule" you rubbed your temples. He rolled his eyes, but then nodded in understanding. "Thanks for not snitching on me though" you told him sincerely. You saw him give a satisfied smirk, as though he was expecting you to say that. "Eh, no biggie" he shrugged, then walked away.