Chapter 3

ZAHRA---

3 days had passed since the last break she had because these 3 days had been busy.

Her boss finally felt generous enough to give her and some other doctors a break; Zahra went home tired and unable to focus on what was happening until she heard a loud thud upstairs, she dashed to the source of the sound which was from her sister's bedroom, and her eyes widened as she saw the sight of her father abusing her sister, Amira, she had blood and bruises all over her body. Without thinking twice, Zahra ran to save her sister, she pushed her father away, already knowing he was not mad at Amira, but from work and (as always) was throwing all his anger on his children, as he fell on the ground from how hard Zahra pushed him away, she checked up on her sister and rushed her out of the bedroom before Zaid (the father) would do anything to make the situation worse (even though Zahra knew that she will be the one being abused after pushing Zaid to the ground, but she didn't care).

Zahra helped her sister sit on the couch carefully, and bandaged her wounds and injuries as Amira was tearing up because of the pain, " I know you are tired, just go to bed, you don't need to bandage my wounds." Amira said. Zahra looked up at her sister with tired eyes and shook her head, "I do this for a living, Amira, whether I'm tired or not, besides, you are my sister and I should take care of you whatever the consequences."

After she finished bandaging her sister's wounds, she went to the kitchen sink and washed her hand (it basically became a habit to clean her hands often because that's what she is supposed to do tons of times while working at the hospital) then suddenly, she heard a scream that made her flinch, " ZAHRA NAJJAR, COME HERE RIGHT NOW!" It was her father, everyone in the house knew what would happen next, including Zahra, it was time for her to be beaten up because she pushed her father away from her sister.

She ran there, her legs trembling as she entered the room, her father dragged her inside, and started punching her all over her body, as he punched her in the stomach, hard, she coughed blood out her mouth. As she felt her body go numb, she knew it was all worth saving her sister from it because she couldn't bare seeing her sister go through the trauma she's been through.

Zaid continued beating her up, but she didn't care, she's been through this way too many times.

He gripped her hair firmly and slammed her head against the wall before collapsing to the ground, her eyes were slowly closing, about to pass out, the last thing she heard was her sister, Amira screaming in shock and her brother, Anas dashing to see what's happening," CALL AN AMBULANCE NOW, HER HEAD IS BLEEDING!" Anas screamed demanding that Amira would do so as their mother fled to the scene and pushed Zaid away and calmed him down before he'd do anything worse, Zahra went unconscious while Amira was crying, hoping that nothing happens to her as she was put on a stretcher and pulled to the ambulance.
**********
Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakato
Thoughts?
Thank you all
Allah Hafiz