Chapter 28

ZAHRA--

It has been almost two months since we moved to our new house in London.
I make sure to always keep in touch with Hiba, Amira, and Anas. I miss them more than anything, I miss going to work with Hiba and I miss the days where Amira, Anas and I would just sit and talk about anything and everything that comes to mind, and the times when we would just call to catch up on all the things that happened.

It's not like as if I'm not doing that now, calling them almost everyday to keep in touch, but it doesn't feel the same. It feels different knowing that I can't see them.

I don't even think it's safe enough for me to go to Lebanon for a visit yet.

Other than the fact that I can't see them in person, living here hasn't been so bad to be honest.

I've met some nice people during these two months but Bilal seems a bit suspicious of them so he told me not to talk to them so often.

And since Bilal isn't so busy with work as much as he used to be, we started spending more time together and I love that.
Even if it would just be us sitting next to each other.

At least I get to spend time with him instead of thinking of the next time I'm going to see Hiba and my siblings again all the time.

*****

BILAL--

I've noticed Zahra has been a bit down lately and understood why when I accidentally heard her making dua asking Allah if she can see her best friend and her siblings again soon.

I felt bad because she had never been that homesick before, but I understand why.

To surprise her, I decided to call all three of them two days ago and ask them for their permission before booking them tickets to come visit, especially because Zahra's birthday is coming up and them coming here for a while can be like an early birthday surprise.

Her family rarely celebrates birthdays - or celebrates anything at this point-, and even when they do, it's only between the siblings, without the parents.

I hate surprises and birthdays even if it isn't mine, but I'll do anything for my love.

Hiba, Amira and Anas all agreed and thought it was a great idea to come here for a visit.

Despite their protests of me paying for their tickets, I still booked them either way.

The only thing we agreed to is that they stay at a hotel or some place because some of us are each other's non-mahrams.

They are arriving today and the best part is that Zahra has no clue of what's going on. I don't even think she remembers her birthday is coming really soon.

Zahra and I are currently sitting on the couch in the living room watching the movie Tangled for what seemed like the billionth time since we've been married because Zahra always finds some sort of way to convince me to watch it with her.

It's her comfort Disney movie and watches everytime she's sick or feels down. So whenever she watches it, I know something is wrong.

Considering the fact that she reads non stop throughout the day without taking her eye off of her book, her watching this movie she's addicted to is better than that.
But she seems happy doing both and I'm fine with that as long as she's happy.

Directly after the movie ends, we hear the doorbell ring and I already who it is-who they are.

Perfect timing

I head towards the door and open it to see all three of them in front of me. "Asalamu alaykum Anas, Amira and Hiba how are you? Come in, " The moment Zahra hears me say their names, her eyes light up. She jumps out of her seat and dashes towards us. "Oh my Allah, you guys are here! I missed you so much!" She says excitedly as she hugs them. "Wait...What brings you guys here?" She asks.

"Well, why don't you ask Bilal," Anas says.

Zahra looks at me with a slightly confused expression on her face.

"I just thought that it would be a good idea to get them here for a visit as a surprise because I noticed how bad you missed them and wanted to see them.
Think of it as an early birthday surprise. " I explain and see her beautiful soft smile and dimples. "thank you, " she says softly.

We spend hours talking and catching up. Anas and I talked together while the girls do the same together too.

Although Anas hated me at some point, he has become a bit nicer.

It's not like as if I care if he still hates me or not but he is my brother in law, my wife's brother, I guess we have to get along at some point, right?

We spend more time talking and catching up.
Zahra takes a walk with the girls in our backyard while talking and Anas and I try getting along which seems to be working for the most part.

After a few hours, it was getting late and they had to leave to the hotel they are staying at.

I'm really glad I managed to make Zahra happy.
The way her eyes lit up when she saw them made me happy knowing that she is.

*****

Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakato 🤍
Thoughts?
Im sorry I haven't been publishing so often. I've just been going through a lot right now and can't find the time, energy, and motivation to write. Even when I do want to write, no idea comes to mind. Writers block has been killing me at this point😭 Due to that, I've realized that I've gotten way worse in writing even if I would try harder to write better than I did before. I'll try better next time even though it can't be guaranteed. I'm trying to write whenever I can and in sha Allah I'll be able to update soon. I appreciate you reading this chapter, so thank you for doing that.
This chapter is 910 words (author's note excluded)
ANYWAY 🤚
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your day😊
Thank you all and Ily all sm for the sake of Allah <3
Allah Hafiz 🫀