Chapter 19

ZAHRA—

Calling Amira basically became a part of my daily routine.

It's fun Face timing her everyday and catching up on each other's daily lives.

"Are you okay? You've barely talked to me about anything today, " I ask her through FaceTime.

"Oh... I have? Sorry, I'm just thinking about something, " she replies

"Spill. I know something's up, so spill"

"Well umm-how do I say this? Okay... There is this guy... We've met each other a few months ago and we both fell in love with each other... Long-story-short we are planning on telling our families that we want to get married becasue we are both ready but I don't know how to tell Mama and Baba. You and Anas are easy to tell, but Mama and Baba? Damn, I think I'll be dead the moment I say the phrase " I met this guy" I just want y'all to like him and agree with the marriage but I'm scared to tell Mama and Baba. Like what if I say something wrong and mess it up? And you know Baba... you know how he is about "love" and whatnot." Amira tells me and I can't wipe the smile off my face and she notices.

"Oh stop it. Now will you help me or not? " she asks with a serious tone.

"Okay first of all, I need to know more about this " guy" so I can help you figure out what to say to Mama and Baba. Wait, now that I think about it, I don't think Mama will make it such a big deal. Maybe Baba will but if mom agrees then she'll find a way to convince dad. Oh yeah, I'll make Bilal run a background check on him just in case." I say grabbing a notebook and pen to write everything down and Amira agreed with me

"Okay so what's his full name? "

"Zakariya Farhat"

"Is he Lebanese? Because if he isn't, it'll be harder to convince them"

"Yeah, he is"

"Okay good... job? "

"Cardiologist "

"Age? "

"22, same age as me but older than me by 3 months"

I continue asking her all sorts of questions and writing them down. I also asked Bilal to run a background check on Zakariya and turns out he's clean.

Amira and I end up discussing how we'll tell our parents about the situation, and obviously making up a backup plan just in case the original plan doesn't go as well as we thought it would.

Amira practiced how she's going to say everything in front of me, acting like as if I'm our parents.

After that, we just talked like it was a normal call between us and then ended the call afterwards.

"Zahra"

"Yes, Bilal"

"I searched up about Zakariya's family and look what I found, " he hands me the laptop and my eyes widen as I read.

The headline said: The Farhat family had been robbed on a family vacation in Italy. Eleven family members were injured and eight of the wounded ones were found dead soon after.

I check the date and it wasn't too long ago. It happened two and a half years ago from now.

As I continue to read the article, I found out that Zakariya was one of the injured ones and barely survived. If the ambulance took one minute longer, he would've not made it.

"I can't imagine what he's been through" I mumble. "He's been through so much... "

"I know right? He lost so many family members in just a few minutes..." Bilal says

I text Amira about everything and she seemed like she didn't know anything about it either.

She told me that she'll try talking to Zakariya about it soon to understand what actually happened that night.

*****

Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakato 🤍
Thoughts?
Ik this is a small /short chapter but that is all I can write. I'll try making the upcoming chapters longer in sha Allah
ANYWAY 🤚
I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your day😊
Thank you all and Ily all sm for the sake of Allah <3
Allah Hafiz 🫀