Chapter 10

BILAL--

It's been a few minutes and she's still unconscious, now I'm worried sick. Should I call an ambulance? Should I wait untill she's awake? Should I call her sister and ask her what to do? I mean Zahra did say that it happens to her often, so her sister must know what to do.... Yeah, I'm calling Amira.

"Come on, come on, pick up, pick up" I said impatiently.

"Asalamu Alaykum?" Amira said perplexed

" thank god you answered, Z passed out a few minutes ago, she isn't waking up, what do I do? " I asked pacing around the room nervous and worried.

"ARE YOU STUPID?! CALL A DAMN AMBULANCE! EVERYONE KNOWS IF SOMEONE STAYS UNCONSCIOUS FOR MORE THAN A MINUTE, YOU SHOULD CALL AN AMBULANCE! " She yelled at me on the other line of the phone. "And don't you dare think about hanging up, I wanna know if she makes it there safely" she demands

I quickly got my other phone that I keep the room just in case of emergencies and dialed 911.

*****

ZAHRA--

I woke up, blinking fast due to the bright lights of the room.

Where am I- oh

Bilal was sitting on a chair next to the hospital bed I was laying on. My hand was in his as he was softly rubbing his thumb on it.

He looked down at me with a smile of relief, "how are you feeling? " he asks still holding onto my hand.

"I'm fine," I reply "for now" I say -well mumble- but somehow, he still heard me, "what do you mean 'for now'? " that concerned look on his face returns. "Usually when I pass out once, it happens again later on more than one time" I say, and Bilal looks even more worried about me, "next time, I need you to listen to me when I tell you to rest, okay? " I nod, too tired to argue against his sayings.

*****
BILAL--

I'm driving us back home, and the whole car ride was silent, I just assumed that she's tired but I knew that she had something taking over her mind, and I'm 85% sure that whatever she's thinking of lead her to pass out twice other than stress and fatigue.

Yes, I don't know what's going on, but I might know how to find out

*****
We reached home and Zahra went straight for the bed after changing, she went fast asleep.

I knew she wouldn't like what I'd do.

As she was sleeping, I tried looking around the room to find anything about what has been on her mind lately. 'Maybe I'll find a diary or something?' I think to myself, but no matter how hard I looked, there was nothing to find about what has been bothering her so I gave up and went to sleep

*****

⚠️Tw: mentions of disorders
and conditions⚠️

ZAHRA--

ADHD, anxiety, depression, and anorexia

These are the disorders and conditions my doctors told me I had, and I had to deal with growing up , and I hate them with every fiber of my being.

When I told my parents, all they did is use them against me.
"Just because you have anxiety doesn't mean you get to do.... "
"Yes you have 'depression' but you still need to do... "
".... Eat"
"ADHD this "
"Anxiety that"
"Depression this"
"Anorexia that"

I. HATE. IT

Every single time when I remember my parents, I never think about their good sides, I don't even think they have any good side in them expect my mother, but even she barely has one; you have to be really close to her so she can be nice to you.