Chapter 17

BILAL-

We dodge the bullet just in time and I turn to my right to see someone aiming a gun at us

Malek Sulaiman....

"Hello, old friend" he says smirking

I pull out my gun that I always have with me and begin shooting at him, but he dodges the bullets and hides behind a tree close to him.

I turn to look at Zahra to see if she is okay, "are you okay? " I ask her and she nods her head, her gaze focused on the tree that Malek is hiding behind just in case he might shoot at us again.

I avert my gaze to her arm and notice that it's bleeding, most probably from the first bullet Malek has aimed at us. I assume that it had hit her arm, but what confuses me is that how she didn't feel it. "Shit, Zahra, you are bleeding! "

She looks at her arm and her eyes widen at the sight of her arm being shot. She applies pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding

"Didn't you feel that? Didn't you feel the bullet hit you? "

She shakes her head 'no'

I look back at Malek, and my blood boils. He thought that he can hurt my wife and get away with it? Well he thought wrong.

I notice him trying to peak at us to see if it's safe for him to shoot again or not, and before he does so, I shoot him twice.

It hits his leg, just where I aimed and he groans in pain, collapsing to the ground.

"Stay here" I tell Zahra and she just satres at me.

"Please be careful" Zahra says, concern evident in her tone.

I walk towards Malek and shoot him more, not missing a single time.

He tries to fire his gun at me more than once but misses miserably.

I don't understand how someone as weak as him can be a leader of a mafia.

Malek points the gun at me, a smug smirk on his face and I already know that he's going to do something, but then, just when I think that he's going to shoot at me, he quickly turns the gun towards Zahra and shoots

"No! " I scream, hoping that it doesn't actually hit her, but it does. It hits her in the leg and she winces in pain, falling to ground

He just hit a nerve in me. I swear I'm going to kill that man if it's the last thing I do.

My eyes redden in anger and I shoot at him continuously until he doesn't move although I'm not if he's just unconscious or dead but I don't care.

I run to Zahra and check her wound, thankfully it isn't that bad, " are you okay? " I ask and she nods and then says , "yeah, I'm fine" but I don't believe her. I mean, I can't be wrong, she got shot. Twice might I add

"Can you grab me a piece of cloth" she asks and do as she says, I stand up and look for some random big piece of cloth.

She tries removing the bullets from both wounds.

How can't she feel the pain?

I hand it to her and she takes it, ripping it in half and wrapping the first piece of cloth on the wound on her arm and tying it and doing the same with the other cloth on her leg.

"Are you sure that's how it's supposed to be done? " I ask and she raises a brow, "are you serious? "

" what? "

"Have you forgotten that your wife is a doctor? A surgeon might I add"

Oh right, I kind of did forget