Chapter 12

ZAHRA--

I'm stumbling upon my steps, I have no idea where I am. I'm in the streets, alone, and I'm sobbing and sobbing and sobbing and sobbing.

My hijab is gone, but at this point I don't care, no one is here in this area anyway.

I fall on the floor, feeling like giving up, I decide to call Bilal, "come on, come on, answer Bilal answer! Please pick up..." I'm desperate for him to pick up.

47 missed calls, and still no answer

Yes! 47 missed calls!

I'm sobbing even harder by the second. It's like a water-fall of tears falling down my face.

2 minutes later, he finally calls back, "ZAHRA, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME IT IS? I WAS WORRIED SICK! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT TELLING ME OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER! ARE YOU T-" he stops when he hears me crying. He softens his voice, "Z what's wrong? Why are you crying? I'm sorry, is it because I yelled at you? I'm sorry-" I interrupt him, "n-no it's not th-that" I stutter.

- " what's wrong then? "

- " I'll t-tell you later, c-can you j-just pick me up? I-I'll send you m-my location "

- " I'm on my way, but what happened? I'm checking the location right n- woah! Why are you so far from the house?! "

- "I'll explain later just pl-please come p-pick me up"

25 minutes later, I see his car driving faster than the speed of light. Bilal sees me on the sidewalk sobbing. He gets out of the car and rushes towards me, he puts his hands on my shoulders looking worried and pale, " ya Allah! Shu sarlik?! (  My god! What happened to you?!) "

I try speaking, I really do, I just can't. I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out, not even a single letter. I'm just bawling my eyes out.

He picks me up bridal style and  gently places me in the car. There was someone - who I'm pretty sure is a bodyguard-sitting in the passenger's seat and Bilal ordered him to drive us back home. He swapped from the passenger's seat to driver's seat and drove us home.

Bilal made me lie down in the back seats as he let me rest my head on his lap while I was crying.

The whole car ride was silent - minus the part where I'm sobbing of course

He strokes my hair behind my ear away from my face still looking worried.

*****

We reached the house 10 minutes ago, and I'm still crying because of the traumatic moment I experienced.

"I need you to calm down, love" he says and my breathing shakes. "Now can you please tell me what happened, Z? " Bilal asks calmly, more concerned than before.

I'm hesitant to speak, to let the words exit my mouth. I take a deep breath and start  talking....

Flash-back....

⚠️TW: Mentions of SA, if u r
triggered by that, feel
free to skip⚠️

I was taking a late night walk when I noticed a black van approaching me, "oh no! oh no! oh no! " I whisper to myself  knowing what will happen next.

I start walking faster but then man jumps out of the van running towards me. That's when I start running faster than the speed of light. Luckily the guy couldn't catch up - thanks to my training in the track team back at my old school- , I look back and he's nowhere to be seen, and just when I thought I lost track of him, I find another one of them right in front me. He grabs me by the waist and covers my mouth. I scream my lungs out but my voice is muffled behind his hand and  no one is around anyway. I kick him with all the strength I have, but still no success. An idea comes to mind, I jerk my head to the side so his grip loosens up and bit his finger. He winces and lets go, but then grabs my waist again tighter than before, I throw in some Taekwondo moves my brother taught me a while ago to protect myself, surprisingly it helped but then he pulls out a knife and attempts to stab me. I dodge it, but not completely, it cut my arm deeply. I scream because of the pain. I lose my balance and fall down to the ground.