Chapter 9

ZAHRA--

The next week was extremely tiring. The hospital was way too busy, and I had tons of patients to deal with to the point where I passed out because of fatigue and stress.

They told me to take a two-day-break to recover at home.

At least I get two days off.

I reached the house and was puzzled to see Bilal waiting for me in the living room looking worried.

"why are you home so early" I asked as I placed my keys down on the small desk-like-table next to the door.

"I heard that you fainted and you were on your way so I came home, " he replied.

Since when does he care?

"Well I'm fine now, anyway, I'm gonna change my clothes then cook diner," I said .

"Nu-uh. No. You are not doing anything, you passed out because of fatigue and stress, so I don't want you to faint again"

Again, since when does he care?

- "Relax, this happens to me often. All I have to do is drink water and I'll feel better."

- " this had happened to you before? "

- "yes, so stop making a big deal out of it, I'm cooking and it's final"

- " no, Z, you aren't cooking and that's final"

Z?

I just scoffed, rolling my eyes. Who is he to decide what I should and shouldn't do? "Don't expect me to listen to you"

I changed my clothes to pyjamas then went to the kitchen and started cooking, despite the fact that Bilal told me not to.

Few minutes later, I saw him entering the kitchen,"didn't I tell you not to work so you don't faint again? " he said

I slammed the wooden spoon I was using to mix the soup with on the counter, "didn't I tell you that  you shouldn't expect me to listen to you? " I said with a hint of annoyance in my voice as continued stirring the soup.

Bilal took a few step closer to the point where there was barely any space between us, "what do you want? " I asked, starting to become angry instead of being annoyed.

- "What? I can't watch my wife cook? "

- "no"

- " well too bad, I'm doing it anyway "

- "ugh whatever, just stay away from the food"

Bilal just rolled his eyes playfully and snacked on the fries I was cooking, I just smirked and shook my head to the sides slowly.

I was preparing the salad when I suddenly felt dizzy. I sumbled upon my step and grabbed Bilal's arm for support as he quickly gripped onto my waist before I fell, "woah! Intebhe, shu fi? (be careful, what's wrong?) " he asked worryingly. "I just feel dizzy, " I mumbled as I closed my eyes trying to regain my balance while Bilal still had me in his arms looking concerned, "Z, you should really lay down, " he said as his brows curved with concern.

As soon as he said that, my vision became blurry and I couldn't maintain my balance anymore; then...everything went dark...

*****

BILAL--

She passed out in my arms, and I'm trying my best not to freak out.

I carried her to the bed in our room upstairs, and I gently placed the back of my hand on her forehead to check if she has a fever and she does. I quickly got a wet towel and set it on her forehead.

Just like my mother used to do when my siblings and I were sick

I sat next to Zahra's unconscious self on the bed and stroked her soft silky dark brown hair away from her face and neck.

I can't imagine how hard she works every day to the point where she passed out today. Twice. God knows how many other times she passed out at work and I didn't even know. Why would she hide something like that. Something like she passes out often, and never tell me. Does she hate me that bad? Am I the problem? Or is it something personal? Are her parents the problem?

**********
Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakato 🤍
Thoughts?
Enjoy 😊
Thank you all <3
Allah Hafiz🫀