Chapter 26

ZAHRA——

I wake up early at 5:45 AM and Bilal is still asleep next to me.

No matter how hard I try to go back to sleep, nothing works, so I just get up from bed silently and decide to take a walk somewhere near the house.

I wear comfy clothes to walk with and head out after getting ready. Ya rabbi, please don't make some random creep do anything to me.

I made sure to text Bilal before going outside this way he could see the text when he does not find me home so he would not die of a heart attack or worry and kill half the population to find me.

Halfway through my walk, I get a text message which turns out to be from Bilal replying to the message I sent him when I was getting out of the house.

I finish my walk and head back home before Bilal sets the world on fire trying to find me

When I reach the house, I find Bilal cooking in the kitchen.

I walk towards him and see that he is making breakfast. Waffles to be exact.

I love it when he cooks food, it always tastes good, and he manages to make his dishes taste better every single time.

"Asalamu Alaykum, Bilal."

"Wa alaykum asalam, hayati. How was your walk?"

"It was fine, I guess, I need to shower though, I honestly picked the worst day to take a walk in. It was so hot out there to the point where I forgot how the AC felt like." I joke and I rest my head on his shoulder.

He chuckles slightly, "Go do whatever you have to do, then lay down meanwhile I finish cooking. You need rest, you woke up early today for someone who doesn't have something to do that early."

"I don't know about the resting part, but sure."

I go upstairs and take a shower. I changed my clothes into house clothes. I do not change into pyjamas because I know that I will not be able to rest right now, especially after a shower. I do not know why but having showers always makes me not feel tired anymore.

I wash my face and do my skincare and haircare before going back downstairs to the kitchen.

"I thought you were going to rest," Bilal says when he sees me back downstairs.

"I will not be able to rest right now. Plus I took a shower so I do not feel tired at all and let us not forget that I took a walk for the reason of me not being able to sleep."

"Fair point" he responds as he places our plates on the island table.

"Come eat." He gestures toward the plate for me to sit down and I do. He sits down next to me and we start eating in comfortable silence.

Bilal breaks the silence a few minutes later. He clears his throat and I then notice his tense expression, seeming the tiniest bit nervous then he speaks "Um... Can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure. Go ahead," I respond with a small smile, trying to ease his tension, and I think it kind of worked.

"Okay, so long story short, many problems are going on at work with the rival mafias and everything and it is not safe here anymore with everything going on between my mafia and theirs'. They are also planning to do something to you now that you are part of the same family as me, so what I am suggesting is that we move to a new country far away from here, this way we live safely, away from all the things that are happening right now. I just don't want anything to happen to you." He looks upset, both frustrated and triste. I cannot help but feel bad for him. I hate seeing him sad.

I put my hand on his reassuringly and he relaxes, all the tension leaving his body the moment I touch his hand.

I give him a small grin which he returns

"I think it is a good idea to do so. Plus I feel like you need a break from work; you have been stressing and caring too much about it, and it worries me seeing you this way." I narrow my brows in concern.

I want to say something else after but hen remember another question which makes me forget my old query. "Wait, if we leave, who will take care of everything happening in the mafia?" I ask curiously.

"Yunus offered to do that and he said he will call me if anything serious happens." He responds

"And when are we leaving? "

"In four days."

Four days? Isn't that too early?

"Oh. Okay. If you think it is best, then I do not see why not." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"But do you think it is best? I need to know if you are okay with the idea of changing countries so soon. If not, then we can stay if you want."

"I mean... I do not mind moving to a new country. I will probably get homesick at some point but I will be fine" I reply

Bilal will be there with me and that is all that matters to me.

As long as he is there, I will be okay.

"Where are we going though?" I ask.

"It is better to stay as far away from them as possible so I think maybe London is the best option." He responds and I am not sure of what to say. I did say that I don't mind, and that is true, but that's so far. Yet on the plus side, I have always wanted to go to London as a child. Little me would be jumping up and down if she found out I would be going to London.

*****

Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakato 🤍
Thoughts?
ANYWAY 🤚
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your day😊
Thank you all and Ily all sm for the sake of Allah <3
Allah Hafiz 🫀