Chapter 21

ZAHRA——

We are all meeting Zakariya today and I don't think I've ever seen Amira so nervous before until today.

She's pacing back and forth and questioning every possible thing that happen.

"What if baba changes his mind? "

"What if they won't like him? "

"What if something goes wrong? Oh god, I hope not! "

This goes on for the next three minutes.

"What if— " I cut her off. "Okay, Amira, calm down, nothing is going to happen. Besides, everyone agreed with the marriage, they are just meeting him. Take deep breaths, Amira. Calm down. " I say trying to make her sit down on the bed and relax.

When she finally stop panicking, we get ready for the moment Amira has been waiting for for a while.

I go to my room to get ready.

Amira, our mother, and I all decided to wear  white dresses to match each other so I can't wait to see what they both are wearing.

I throw on a simple silky white dress with an opened white abaya on top of it and a beige hijab and pump heels with the same color as my hijab.

(Zahra's outfit: )

I go to Amira's room and knock on the door until I hear her telling me to come in

She's wearing a white silky layered dress, white hijab and pump heels.

(Amira's outfit: )

"Amira, you look so gorgeous allahuma barik" I tell her and she smiles

"Amira, you look so gorgeous allahuma barik" I tell her and she smiles. "Thank you. You look pretty too allahuma barik"

Just then, Anas gets inside the room.

I see that he's wearing a dark blue suit with pants of the same color and a white button-down underneath the suit.

"You girls ready? Zakariya is almost here," he tells us.

"You both look really pretty by the way ma sha Allah," he says with a sweet smile on his face

One thing about Anas is that he is the sweetest man there is. He would always compliment Amira and I, he never failed to make us feel happy and special even if we were in a bad mood. Anas is so helpful and very funny. I honestly couldn't ask for a better brother in this dunya.

As we were walking towards the elevator, I notice that Anas had a slight sad expression on his face. I meet eyes with Amira and she nods her head, noticing the same thing, "Hey, what's wrong, " I ask him. He averts his gaze away from the ground to look at me.

"I'm going to miss you both. You, Zahra, are already married and you live almost two hours away and Amira is going to get married too and god knows how far she's going to be. I grew up with you two... It's really hard to say goodbye so quickly. " his voice almost breaks and my eyes well up with tears seeing my older brother this way.

"Anas, I know how you feel. Imagine how hard it is to live away from you both. There isn't a day where I don't think about you two," I say

"Hey, you'll still have me here for a few weeks though" Amira states

"I know but these few weeks will pass by so fast, " he responds.

"Okay, guys, let's enjoy this time we still have left together while we can, " I tell them as we step out of the elevator to the living room where our parents were waiting.

My mother was wearing a simple yet elegent white dress matched with a neutral-colored hijab and white stilettos.

(Farah's outfit: )

My father is right next to her in his usual black two piece suit

I turn to side and see that Bilal is there too.

"Bilal? What are you doing here?" I ask as I walk up to him. He pulls me into a soft embrace and kisses my forehead. "Anas thought it was a good idea for me to come here  and meet Zakariya with you all because he said, and I quote, 'you are now a part of this family, you should be here when we meet Zakariya' so here I am... Also, these few days without you were brutal and I wanted to see you. " he replies with a heartwarming smile plastered on his face

Just then, we hear the door bell ring and my mother gets it as we all follow behind her steps.

"Asalamu alaykum tante Farah, how are you? " he greets my mother in the kindest voice.

He finishes greeting us all then my mom tells him to come inside.

"I'm so sorry my parents aren't here, they had to travel for business and weren't able to come" he says.

"It's okay, we totally understand, " mom replies.

Zakariya introduces himself and Mama and Baba ask him some questions about his career and everything and he replies to their question without any trouble.

Half an hour had passed and we talked about the marriage and everything. We then ate food and an hour later, Zakariya had to leave.

He greeted us all and then left the house.

I think he's the right man for Amira and I hope that he's truly how — and who — he says he is. Because if he isn't and ends up hurting  Amira or breaking her heart, then I'll quite literally end his life.

*****

Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakato 🤍
Thoughts?
This chapter took me forever to write and idk why, but I hope you enjoyed it.
I won't be posting  a new chapter for a few weeks bc of exams but I'll try my best to at least write a little everyday so I'll be able to publish by the time my exams are done.
ANYWAY 🤚
I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your day😊
Thank you all and Ily all sm for the sake of Allah <3
Allah Hafiz 🫀