Chapter 27

4 days later

BILAL——

Knowing that something might happen to Zahra—just because of this stupid job of mine that I was forced to take over after my father—infuriates me.

I could not care less if they would do something to me, but Zahra, that is a whole other story.

I know they can't even manage to touch her especially if I am with her, but the thought of it worries me. It worries me of what they could have done to her if we didn't agree on leaving this country.

I can just kill them, that would be the easiest mission yet, but the only problem is that it'll make the mafias from other countries make mine their target, and I can't risk that.

But I know that I'll risk anything if it means  having to do it to protect Zahra from any kind of harm that comes her way.

Zahra and I already packed all of our things yesterday and all we have left is to get ready and wait for the private jet to arrive.

Zahra wears an outfit to be comfortable in during the flight. She wore an off white—almost cream—sweatshirt and black sweatpants with black Converse and a white hijab wrapped loosely around her head with an undercap that covers her neck. She puts Vaseline on her lips and puts on this thing called concealer under her eyes and  uses this thing that looks like scissors on her lashes. It honestly looks like it can be a torture weapon. I think she calls it an eyelash curler.

Anyway, I also put on a comfortable outfit which includes of a grey hoodie and light brown wide pants with Nike Dunk High red shoes. I fix my hair and I'm done.

By the time we finish getting ready, I get a call that the jet had arrived.

✼ •• ┈┈┈┈๑⋅⋯ ୨˚୧ ⋯⋅๑┈┈┈┈ •• ✼

During the flight, Zahra and I asked about many things that kept the conversation going. Zahra went on and on about her favorite books and there plot twists and cute scenes while I sat there listening to every word that exited her mouth.

If I could, I'd listen to her speak day and night.
I love her voice. I'd do anything just to hear her beautiful voice.

It was evening by the time we finally reach London after a five hour long flight.

We step out of the jet and a cold breeze hits our skin.

I look over to Zahra and smile when I see her looking around in awe with a huge grin on her face.

I love seeing her happy. I would do anything in the world to keep her happy. Just seeing her dimples deepening as her smile gets bigger makes me happy knowing that she is.

* few minutes later *

We reach the mansion after a few minutes and I hear Zahra gasp when she sees the house.

"It's so beautiful!" She says breathless.

Third person POV
(The description of the mansion)

The mansion was shrouded in darkness, its windows covered by thick curtains and its entrance hidden behind an imposing tall black gate. It was a sight to behold, its imposing presence radiating a sense of power and mystery that was almost palpable. It was clear that whoever lived within these walls was someone with a strong personality and a desire to keep their dealings away from prying eyes. A quiet and mysterious aura permeated the area, the very air itself feeling heavy with secrets and potential trouble.

The inside of the mansion was as dark and mysterious as the outside. Its corridors and halls were long as they never end. Its furniture and decor was lavish and opulent, the very image of luxury and decadence. But there was also something else about the place, an undercurrent of tension and danger that was almost palpable. It was clear that this was not just a home, but a headquarters full of secrets and business transactions.
(End of third person POV)

Once we reach our new house, everything is already ready as I requested.

I show Zahra around the house for her to get familiar with her surroundings. "I see you still kept the idea of having a library in the house" Zahra says when she saw the sign that read "LIBRARY" next to its door. "Well yeah, it's for you whenever you want to 'escape the real world'. " I say, quoting what she said last time when I asked her why she loves reading so much. Zahra slightly grins when she understood that I had quoted something she had said before.

I finalize the small and brief 'tour' of the house and Zahra and I finish getting ready for the night to go sleep, but before that, we pray the prayers we missed due to the flight which were Maghrib and Isha. After that, we lay down on the bed while Zahra is reading a book and I'm answering a few emails and messages related to the mafia.

Few minutes later, I catch Zahra gently yawning and closing her book. I take that as a sign that she wants to sleep so I close my laptop and lean over and give her soft kiss on the forehead before turning off the small light on the nightstand and falling asleep after hearing her soft breathing.

*****

Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakato 🤍
Thoughts?
Yes, ik, it's a short chapter, but I didn't know what else to do/write. I tried making it bigger as much as I could but I wasn't able to make it reach 1000+ words and that's why it took me so long to finish. This chapter is 895 words (author's note excluded)
ANYWAY 🤚
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of your day😊
Thank you all and Ily all sm for the sake of Allah <3
Allah Hafiz 🫀