Chapter 7

ZAHRA--
A month later, Zahra found herself getting ready for the marriage/nikah, she was wearing a Cerulean blue silky dress long enough to cover her ankle from the front and the back was longer than the front, it flowed across the shinny marble floor as she walked in big circles in the room. The sleeves flowed effortlessly at the bottom while the upper part of the sleeves were loose but tight enough to stick to her arm. She wore a chiffon white hijab with a small amount of tiny blue crystals scattered evenly on it that matched her dress loosely around her head but covered her 'awras (3awras). And to finish the look, Zahra wore white pumps (type of heels) that made a 'clacking' noise after every steps she took, and barely put on any makeup, just a little bit of mascara, concealer, and lip gloss.

She walked up to the full body mirror and smiled at her reflection, she's never seen herself look this pretty in a gown like this before ,Zahra loved the way she looked in that dress.

She heard a knock on the door, "Who is it?" She asked.

- "It's me, Amira"

- "Come in"

Amira entered the room looking around to find her older sister, then noticed she was on the left side of the room fixing her headscarf. Amira widened her eyes as she stared at Zahra's beauty, "woah" is all she could say. Zahra covered her mouth before smiling [she does that because she is insecure about her smile especially when people are around]

-"Ma sha Allah, Zahra, YOU. LOOK. AMAZING"

-"thanks sis, you look pretty too"

Amira was wearing a puffy dark emerald green silky dress, it was long enough to reach her silver kitten heels (type of heels) that made a low 'clacking' noise that followed her every step. Her sleeves were tight, sticking to her arm, yet she was still able to easily move them without trouble. Amira was wearing her white chiffon hijab loosely with an under scarf that covers the neck this way nothing shows. To top it all off, she put on some foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick and a little bit of highlighter.

"Thanks... Wait, what did I come here for? Oh yeah, it's time for you to go now"
Zahra widens her eyes, forgetting that this is her marriage/nikah. She rushes after her sister down stairs.

When she reaches the correct floor, she stops. She can hear the voices of hundreds of people in the crowd.

'No no no, not a panic attack!'

Amira notices her sister shaking uncontrollably due to the amount of people. She gently put her hands on her older sister's shoulders and says calmly, "hey hey, Zahra, calm down. I realize that this is because of your anxiety, so try ignoring the crowd, try pretending that only one person is in the crowd. Focus on that person only, no one else. Okay? Now breathe in....breathe out.....breathe in.....breathe out. Feel better? "

"Yes, thank you sis" Zahra said with a small smile on her face. She thought about who that one person in the crowd is while her sister goes to join the others.
It didn't take Zahra long to figure out who that one person her sister told her to think of is.....Amira

Amira was always there for her whenever she needed her so why not think of her (and only her) while walking down the aisle

*****
It was time for her to walk down the aisle, she took a deep breath and thought of what Amira said "try pretending that only one person is in the crowd. Focus on that person only, no one else." So she thought of her sister.

As Zahra looked straight, she saw Bilal standing next to the imam and two men. She was astonished to see the way he looked like

When did Bilal become so good looking?!
NO! EW! Zahra you hate him, don't be attracted and lower your gaze, you aren't even married yet!

Bilal was wearing a dark royal blue suit, defining his wide broad shoulders. He wore the same colored pants -that came with the suit- with a black belt and a black buttoned up long sleeve shirt under the suit. Lastly, Bilal had a pair of harbor grey shoes that matched the look.
*****
BILAL--
She's walking down the aisle, and all he could think of is her beauty, that beautiful Cerulean dress she looks marvelous in.

She looks amazing

Bilal can't take his eyes off of her.
Zahra walks towards him , the imam and the two men next to them

They all sit down and the imam starts speaking

*****
They just finished signing the papers, and now, they are officially husband and wife.

Bilal noticed that Zahra was shaking and fidgeting with her ring

Is she nervous?

He held her hand, softly rubbing his thumb on the back of her hand, giving her a reassuring smile.

She came to a halt feeling his touch, she isn't used to it.

Zahra glared at him so he moved his hand away clearly understanding she isn't comfortable

*****

ZAHRA--

The nikah ended and their parents don't want to do a walima so that meant that they had to leave their families. It looked like Bilal didn't care he was leaving them but Zahra did.

Except her father

Amira ran to embrace her older sister one last time with a few tears running down thier cheeks, Zahra embraced her back and they both didn't let go.

"I'm gonna miss you, Zahra"

"I'm gonna miss you more," Zahra replied cupping her younger sister's face, "w ma tinsineh wle (and don't you dare forget about me) " she said jokingly and they both giggled.

Zahra noticed Bilal waiting for her to leave. She said her goodbyes to her siblings and parents and left

**********
Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakato 🤍
Thoughts?
I'm so sorry it took so long to update this book
And I wanna ask u guys if it's better to write it in the first person pov instead of the 3rd person. What do think abt that?
Btw this is probably the longest chapter I've done so far.
Enjoy 😊
Thank you all
Allah Hafiz