Chapter 21

Noah POV

I must have heard her wrong.

There was no fucking way that Jack and Brian managed to contact her.

I heard her wrong.

“What?” Liam asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Did you say Jack and Brian?” Ezra mumbled, clenching his fists tightly.

Lucy looked up at us and nodded.

No.

No fucking way!

Those fuckers were in fucking jail! There was no fucking way that they managed to contact her!

I looked at Theo. To say that he was angry was an understatement. He was as still as a statue and his eyes were burning a hole in the wall. He looked like he was going to explode.

“Are you sure, Lucy?” Liam asked, gritting his teeth. “They are in jail.”

“I wasn’t sure at first.” Lucy said quietly as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. “I thought that it was a prank. But something only the two of them knew was written in the second note. And the text message...”

Lucy stopped talking and sobbed. She turned her head and buried her face in my neck.

“It’s okay.” I said as I tightened my arms around her. “You are safe, Lucy. I won’t let them hurt you again.”

I glanced at Theo. He didn’t move a muscle.

“We need to see the notes and the text message.” Liam said, clenching his fists. “We need to call Peter.”

“Did they escape?” Ezra asked, looking at Liam.

That question made Theo move. He pulled Lucy to himself and out of our arms. He stood up, pressed her against his chest, and took a few steps back.

“Theo...” Liam started speaking, trying to pull Lucy back.

“No!” Theo interrupted him. “I’m going to kill the fuckers! They are not taking her away from me again! No one is taking her away from me!”

I stood up and tried to approach Theo. He took another step back from me.

“Theo.” I said softly. “We are not taking her from you. She is our sister too. She is my sister too.”

The pain in Theo’s eyes almost made me scream. But I was angry too. He was taking her from me. He was taking her from us. She was ours as much as she was his. She was my triplet too. He couldn’t just take her from me.

“It’s okay, Theo.” Lucy said softly as she caressed his cheek. “No one is taking me away. Our brothers aren’t taking me away from you.”

Theo never moved his eyes from us. He was looking at us like we were a threat.

Theo took another step back, and that made Liam stand up.

“Theo.” Liam said softly, but I could hear the warning in his voice. “We are not a threat.”

None of us liked the way Theo took her from us. None of us liked the way he was looking at us.

“Look at me, Theo.” Lucy said softly and he finally looked away from us.

Lucy gave him a small smile and caressed his cheek.

“Our brothers would never take me from you.” she said. “They are not a threat, Theo.”

Theo stared at her without blinking.

I was on the verge of grabbing her from his arms.

“I’m so sorry.” Theo mumbled as he buried his head into her neck.