Chapter 41

Liam POV

I wanted to kill the fucker.

I didn’t know why Ethan reacted the way he did, but I had a pretty good guess, and I wanted to kill the fucker who took Riley.

Nate and I walked back to the waiting room. My siblings and cousins were waiting for me. I could see the nervousness on their faces.

“What happened?” Theo asked as soon as he saw me. “Is Riley okay?”

“Ethan had a bad reaction to some news.” Nate said, glancing at me. “Everything is okay now.”

“What news?” Theo asked, clenching his fists.

“I can’t share that with you.” Nate sighed, turning to me. “Let me know when you get in touch with her parents.”

“Peter is trying to reach them.” I said. “Call him. Maybe he already managed to get in touch with them.”

Nate nodded and looked at the rest of my family.

“I will see you later, guys.” Nate said as he turned around and walked back toward his office.

“What news, Liam?” Theo asked, gritting his teeth.

I ignored him and looked at Dylan.

“Where is your dad?” I asked.

“He went to get grandpa.” Dylan said. “He just got back from Vegas.”

I nodded. My grandpa went on a business trip to Las Vegas a couple of days ago. It wasn’t so much a business trip as it was an excuse for him to gamble with his friends, but I knew better than to say anything to him.

“We told him to stay there, but he refused.” Carter added.

“Of course he did.” I mumbled, looking back at my siblings.

Theo was still looking at me angrily.

“What happened to Riley?” he asked, making me sigh.

“I don’t know, Theo.” I said. “Nate didn’t want to tell me. I just helped him calm Ethan down.”

Theo tightened his jaw and took a deep breath. I knew that he had an idea about why Ethan lost it. We all did.

I took a deep breath and looked at my sister. Noah was holding her tightly. She looked so sad and scared that my heart broke.

“Come here, love.” I said as I reached out for her.

Noah reluctantly let her go, and she walked into my arms. I picked her up and sat down on the chair, holding her close to me.

“I am so proud to be your sister.” she mumbled quietly, making me look down at her.

“Why?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

“You didn’t have to help Ethan and Aiden today, but you did.” she explained. “You were so kind and loving that it made my heart grow double. I love you, Liam.”

I almost sobbed.

“Oh, my baby.” I said as I kissed her temple and pressed her closer to me. “I love you too.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat and took a deep breath.

“Everyone would do what I did, love.” I said, making her look up at me.

“No, they wouldn’t.” she said, shaking her head. “Not everyone would offer to call someone’s parents and tell them that their child was taken. You did it because you saw how hard it was for Ethan. You could have waited for Peter and told him to do it, but you didn’t.”

My heart skipped a beat. I was going to cry if she continued.

“She is right, Liam.” Ezra said as he sat down next to us. “You were amazing today. We are all very proud of you.”

I pressed my sister to my chest and buried my face in her hair. I wasn’t going to cry, I really wasn’t.

Lucy wrapped her hands around me and took a deep breath.

“I love you, my baby.” I mumbled into her hair.

“I love you too, Bubba.” she said, making me smile.

I leaned back in my chair, and Lucy snuggled against me. I was hoping that she would fall asleep. I could tell that she was exhausted.

I looked up at Theo and Noah. They were sitting opposite us. Both of them looked very worried.

“Riley is going to be okay.” I told them. “She has two amazing brothers who love her. She has amazing parents. She will be okay.”

Noah looked at me and nodded. Theo continued to stare in front of himself with an angry expression on his face.

I started running my fingers through Lucy’s hair, hoping it would put her to sleep.

“Where is the fucker?” Matt asked, making me look at him.

“Jail.” I said. “Peter will let us know when he finds something out.”

I felt Lucy relax against me as the minutes passed by. After about 20 minutes, she was asleep on my chest. I smiled and kissed the top of her head gently.

I heard footsteps approaching us.

I looked up and saw Peter.

“What did you find out?!” Dylan asked, standing up abruptly.

Lucy stirred, and I glared at Dylan.

“Shh.” I shushed him, pointing at Lucy in my arms.

“Sorry.” Dylan mumbled, sitting back down.

“The boy is an idiot.” Peter sighed as he sat down on one of the chairs.

“No shit.” Matt mumbled, rolling his eyes.

“We believe that he had a helper who bailed on him.” Peter said, making me freeze. “He had to have someone else involved in his plan to take Lucy.”

“Who?” Ezra asked, clenching his fists.

“We don’t know.” Peter sighed. “We are trying to make him talk.”

“How the fuck is he involved with Jack and Brian?” I asked quietly.

“He is one of Larson’s men.” Peter said. “He is new in the gang, and he isn’t the brightest, so I’m not sure why they chose him for the job.”

“That fucker is still connected to Jack and Brian?” Dylan asked, clenching his fists.

“I’m guessing that Jack and Brian are doing a lot of shit for Larson in prison.” Peter sighed. “This was probably their payment.”

My heart clenched painfully, and I tightened my arms around my sister. She wasn’t anyone’s payment!

Oh, how I wished to have another week with those two idiots. I would love to hear the sound of my fists hitting their stupid faces.

“We need to find the helper.” Ezra said. “Lucy will be in danger until we do.”

“We are working on it.” Peter said. “We will make the boy talk, don’t worry.”

Of course we would worry. There was someone out there who wanted to take our sister. We would worry every second of every day until they were caught.

“Did you manage to get in touch with Riley’s parents?” I asked.

“Yes.” Peter nodded. “They were in meetings all day and their phones were off. They are on their way back as we speak.”

I nodded and took a deep breath.

“I have to go back to the station.” Peter said as he stood up. “I will let you know when I find something out.”

“Thank you, Peter.” Dylan said.

“Let me know how Riley is doing, okay?” Peter said.

“Of course.” I said and kissed the top of Lucy’s head.

She was safe. She was in my arms. No one would ever take her away from me again. I would kill them before they even got a chance to.

Peter walked away, and I took a deep breath.

I looked up at my family. All of them were staring at the little girl in my arms.

“She can never be alone from now on.” Carter said. “One of us will be with her at all times.”

I looked at Theo and Noah. They were holding hands and staring at their sister. I could tell that they wanted to take her from me, but they probably didn’t want to wake her up.

“I don’t think that will be an issue.” I mumbled.

“No one will take her.” Ezra said as he leaned in and kissed her cheek gently. “We won’t let them.”

I tightened my arms around her and buried my nose in her hair.

I would kill anyone who tried.

They messed with the wrong fucking brother.