Chapter 51

Liam POV

Someone jumped in front of me.

I heard another gunshot.

No!

I caught the person who jumped in front of me, and my heart stopped beating.

“NO!” I screamed. “LUCY!”

I turned her around and saw a gunshot wound directly above her heart.

Blood was pooling out of it. It ran down my arms and continued dripping on the floor.

“No, no, no, no!” I screamed, looking up at her.

She was awake and staring at the ceiling. She was panting hard.

I heard screams all around me.

Someone tried to take her from my arms, but I didn’t let them. Not her. Not my child.

“Lucy, baby, why?!” I cried out. “Why?!”

It should have been me. I should have been the one who got shot. Not her. Not my beautiful little girl.

I started rocking her back and forth.

No, no, no, please no! I couldn't lose her. I couldn't lose my baby.

“I am going to fucking kill you!” someone screamed.

I heard a punch being thrown.

I heard someone struggling. I heard something breaking.

“Don’t!” someone else screamed. “She needs you!”

“We need to call an ambulance!” another voice said.

“I did.” the third one added.

“Jesus…” a voice said. “Fuck!”

Suddenly, there were four people around me. Each one tried to take her from me. I didn’t let them. I couldn't let her go.

“Don’t close your eyes!” a voice screamed.

I looked up. It was Noah. He looked like he was fighting to breathe. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, and he was shaking.

“The ambulance is on the way, okay?!” Noah said, his voice trembling. “Don’t close your eyes!”

I looked back down and saw Theo caressing her cheek and telling her to keep her eyes on him. His knuckles were bloody.

Ezra was putting pressure on the wound.

Mike was holding her hand in a tight grip and sobbing quietly.

I couldn't do anything except hold her close to me. I was in complete shock.

“I am sorry…” I heard her quiet voice.

I looked at her, and my heart broke. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. Her breaths were fast and shallow. Her eyes found mine, and I felt like someone squeezed my heart.

“I couldn't let her hurt you…” she mumbled.

I sobbed and bent down to kiss her forehead.

“No, baby, no.” I said. “I would have taken the bullet for you. I can’t lose you, Lucy. I can’t.”

She closed her eyes, making Theo grab her face.

“NO!” he screamed. “Keep them open!”

Everyone around me was screaming and sobbing.

“She is losing a lot of blood.” Ezra cried out, trying to put more pressure on the wound.

Lucy flinched.