Chapter 52

Theo POV

I was going to lose it.

She couldn't die.

If she died…

No.

I couldn't even think about that possibility. I didn’t want to think about that possibility. That wasn’t even an option. She couldn’t die. She couldn’t fucking die!

“Drive faster, Ezra.” I mumbled, tightening my hand around Noah’s.

Noah was sobbing the entire time. Hearing him cry was making my soul hurt.

“I don’t want to get pulled over.” Ezra mumbled. “We will never get there if they stop us.”

I clenched my fist angrily.

He was right, though.

“Why did she do it?” Noah cried out. “Why?!”

Ezra looked at him through the rearview mirror.

“Because she cares more about others than herself.” Mike mumbled.

He was sitting on the passenger seat. His arms were crossed over his chest, and his forehead was pressed against the car window.

Noah sobbed and leaned his head on my shoulder.

“If she dies…” Noah spoke, but Ezra interrupted him.

“She is not dying, Noah.” Ezra said angrily. “She is going to survive this. She has to.”

I leaned my head on Noah’s and closed my eyes. I was in so much pain. Every part of my body felt like it was being punched repeatedly. My soul felt like it was burning. I wanted to scream.

She couldn’t die. She was my light. She was my Sunshine. I couldn't live without her. My life would be nothing but darkness if she left me. She couldn't die. She couldn’t leave. She couldn’t leave me!

“Shit.” Ezra mumbled. “I have to call Dylan.”

I opened my eyes and saw Ezra dialing Dylan’s number on the car’s touch screen.

The phone rang, and Dylan picked up after the fourth ring.

“Hey.” Dylan said. “What’s up?”

Ezra took a deep breath and tightened his hands around the steering wheel.

“I don’t have much time to explain.” Ezra said. “Lucy got shot. We are on our way to the hospital.”

There was a moment of silence before Dylan spoke.

“What?!” he screamed, and I heard shuffling on the other side.

“Fucking Sienna barged into our house.” Ezra said angrily. “She was holding Liam at gunpoint. She started shooting, and Lucy jumped in front of him.”

“Fuck!” Dylan screamed. “Where is she? Is she okay?”

“She is in an ambulance as we speak.” Ezra said. “She lost a lot of blood.”

“Fuck!” Dylan screamed again.

“Get there as soon as you can.” Ezra told him as he ended the call.

We were just entering the hospital parking lot.

I saw the ambulance at the entrance.

I could see someone pushing the gurney inside. Lucy had an oxygen mask on.

Liam was standing next to the ambulance. His fingers were tangled in his hair, and I could tell that he was sobbing.

My stomach turned.